News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fiat to make Chrysler into . . . Fiat

Started by my73charger, October 27, 2009, 11:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger440RDN

As long as they keep building the Challenger, I could care less about their other products

MichaelRW

The Wall Street Journal said today that the Challenger and Charger will stay in the lineup but the Viper, Dakota, Sebring, Caliber, Avenger, Nitro SUV, Jeep Commander, Compass and Patriot will go away.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

The70RT

Quote from: MichaelRW on October 27, 2009, 01:31:20 PM
The Wall Street Journal said today that the Challenger and Charger will stay in the lineup but the Viper, Dakota, Sebring, Caliber, Avenger, Nitro SUV, Jeep Commander, Compass and Patriot will go away.

That sucks. So I guess the new Charger body style isn't gonna happen. I kinda liked the looks of the 2010 Road Runner that was mentioned a couple years ago too.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

MichaelRW

Quote from: The70RT on October 27, 2009, 02:04:11 PM

That sucks. So I guess the new Charger body style isn't gonna happen. I kinda liked the looks of the 2010 Road Runner that was mentioned a couple years ago too.

I doubt it. At least not until after 2012 but that's just a scientific wild ass guess.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

b5blue

Man! I could swear I read somewhere, along time ago, we beat the Germans and Italians in war awhile back. I guess it's payback time for us huh? Going from a M-300 to a F-500 is not a step up.  :scratchchin:

Mike DC

Chrysler was never gonna make it.  It's too small on its own and everybody who might buy it is gonna have their own agenda.  It was only a question of the specifics. 

Tilar

Fiat makes the new Charger a two door.... Ok, a door and a half.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

b5blue

Charger440RDN

Quote from: Tilar on October 27, 2009, 04:43:41 PM
Fiat makes the new Charger a two door.... Ok, a door and a half.

Priceless!! :rofl: :rofl:

stripedelete

The Germans couldn't fix Chrysler with $40 Billion, but the Italians are going to fix Chrysler with no money down?

They split the Dodge truck P&L from the Dodge P&L last month.  Not a good sign.

I fear that it's almost time to stick a fork in them....

Charger440RDN

If you can afford to buy a new Challenger you better get it now! The TITANIC (FIAT/CHRYSLER), could sink anytime. Same goes for GM and Camaro fans.

bull

So what's left? Cherokee and Ram pickup? And did the Durango already get nixed? From purely a business standpoint I think it'd smart to at least sell off the Viper brand. To who though? Maybe Penske since he didn't get Saturn?

Charger440RDN

This article indicates that the Viper will be around for awhile, Fiat probably sees it as a "Halo car" for the new company

http://www.egmcartech.com/2009/07/10/chrysler-dodge-viper-no-longer-for-sale-models-to-live-through-2010-and-beyond/

Arthu®

"The biggest issue this company has is getting through the next few years," Rebecca Lindland, an automotive analyst at IHS Global Insight, told the Journal.

"They are going to have a hard time maintaining market share, let alone increasing it."

Now those are brilliant statements, I mean really pfew, I wouldn't have thought of that. That was a real addition to the article, as I guess they apply to any manufacturer in the industry...

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

greenpigs

I bought my last new Mopar product with the 07 jeep compass. They will not get my support or money anymore. Well cept for MP performance parts.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

chargerjy9

The Germans couldn't fix Chrysler with $40 Billion, but the Italians are going to fix Chrysler with no money down?

the Germans didn't fix Chrysler that's for sure. They stole from it and wrecked it, and put Ma Mopar in the fix she's in today. Thanks Bob Eaton.....
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

stripedelete

Quote from: chargerjy9 on October 28, 2009, 08:49:52 AM

the Germans didn't fix Chrysler that's for sure. They stole from it and wrecked it, and put Ma Mopar in the fix she's in today. Thanks Bob Eaton.....

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Chrysler Fan, but Chrysler was in very, very, bad shape, when Eaton dumped it on the germans.   I know it doesn't seem possible becasue they were bending some great looking sheetmetal.  But there were alot of crows coming home to roost.   Give Eaton credit for getting $24 Billion for it.   Also give him, and his gang, all the blame for not righting the ship when he had the best opporiunity to do so since the early 70's.

runningman

I have to say things seem completely different with Fiat.  After the Daimler "merger" I did not see any representatives from them in our plant.  Fiat has been in our facility (3.7 V-6) quite a bit and they spend time talking to people on the floor instead of just dealing with management.  We have been told that we will have a much larger presence then we have had in the past and our voices will be heard when it comes to how the plant floor operates.  We are pretty much at the point where union members are in charge of daily operations and it has made a world of difference. 

I have been working exclusively with representatives from Fiat implementing World Class Manufacturing and they really take this process to heart.  I have been involved with a component of this process known as TPM for the last 7 years and WCM is much more involved and they are actually looking to improve the machinery instead of the dog and pony show that TPM was.  They wanted the outside of the machines to look good for corporate audits but that was about it.  Fiat auditors interview individuals on the floor to see how knowledgeable they are about the process and look over the machine data and actually look inside the machines...Hopefully it isn't too late..

RD

Quote from: runningman on October 28, 2009, 11:15:45 AM
I have to say things seem completely different with Fiat.  After the Daimler "merger" I did not see any representatives from them in our plant.  Fiat has been in our facility (3.7 V-6) quite a bit and they spend time talking to people on the floor instead of just dealing with management.  We have been told that we will have a much larger presence then we have had in the past and our voices will be heard when it comes to how the plant floor operates.  We are pretty much at the point where union members are in charge of daily operations and it has made a world of difference. 

I have been working exclusively with representatives from Fiat implementing World Class Manufacturing and they really take this process to heart.  I have been involved with a component of this process known as TPM for the last 7 years and WCM is much more involved and they are actually looking to improve the machinery instead of the dog and pony show that TPM was.  They wanted the outside of the machines to look good for corporate audits but that was about it.  Fiat auditors interview individuals on the floor to see how knowledgeable they are about the process and look over the machine data and actually look inside the machines...Hopefully it isn't too late..

sounds promising at least, thanks for the update
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Brock Samson

Since I've pretty much given up on CDJ for the past year or two (since the Germans raped the Company and left it on the side of the road) so I wont/can't be dissapointed, I thought it had jumped the shark, I hope I'm wrong and that between the Mini 500 and the Mid-sized 200c (which I read in ALLPAR may be biased on Alpha Mechanicals) that these will be the (new) cars the Corp. needs to stay releveant. because I'm seeing no new DCJs here on the left coast...

I secretly hope they'd bring out that wild ZEO concept as a hybred to regain some design leadership..
they could even call it a Charger, fine by me...  :shruggy:

http://images.google.com/images?gbv=2&hl=en&safe=off&sa=1&q=dodge+ZEO+concept&btnG=Search+images&aq=f&oq=&aqi=&start=0

runningman

Quote from: RD on October 28, 2009, 07:57:29 PM
Quote from: runningman on October 28, 2009, 11:15:45 AM

sounds promising at least, thanks for the update

No problem, although our plant is slated to close around 2013 there are some encouraging signs. 

Ghoste

You can't completely blame Fiat (or give them complete credit if things are turned around), remember the ones who are making most of the product decisions for Chrysler now have their head office in DC.

Mike DC

When Daimler bought them, I said I wasn't gonna buy a reskinned Mercedes (with bad quality control, and dealerships run by Boss Hogg) just because I love what Chrysler was building 30 years ago.  

Now that Fiat has them? 

Well, I'm not gonna buy a reskinned Fiat (probably with bad quality control, and dealerships run by Boss Hogg) just because I love what Chrysler was building 40 years ago.