News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Pic's of the 69 Charger..........

Started by R2, October 19, 2009, 06:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger440RDN

Dude that car is perfect, the color, the tires, the stripe, everything!!! :drool5: :2thumbs:

dukeboy320

Thats wayyyyyyyyyy better that white SWEET!!!! :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: :drool5: :cheers:
Massively Over Powerd And Respected

472 R/T SE

Personally I don't care for the emblem over the top of a stripe.  Either it's a stripe delete car or not.  

But I think you nailed this look.  Normally the stripe would be more of a ghost illusion but the emblem really draws the eye to the stripe.   :Twocents:

Nicely done.

nappycharger69

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

firefighter3931

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 21, 2009, 12:13:19 AM

Normally the stripe would be more of a ghost illusion but the emblem really draws the eye to the stripe.  

Well said Mike....my thoughts exactly !  :yesnod: Stock....what's that ?  :lol:

I like it even better seeing the whole car's side profile shot. Man that looks Killer & with a 600hp stroker under the hood it has the stones to back up the look !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

bull

Quote from: R2 on October 20, 2009, 04:22:16 PM

Curtis ,,,, here are a few "shots from a distance",,,,harder to see the stripe.............

Yea, I like that a lot. :2thumbs:

PocketThunder

Where did you get the 440 emblems on the doors?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

R2

Thanks guys,,,,
The 440 emblems are not correct,,,,,
The car had a HEMI in it before i  got it,,,,and had HEMI tags on the door...
It is not a original hemi car,,,,it's a 440
i had to cover the holes,,,,when i took the hemi tags off,,,,
I found the 440 tags ( it's off a 66-67 charger ? era ),,,, from one of the local vendors,,,,,and put them on with some 2 sided tape...

This issue will also be "fixed" when the car goes out for paint..........

Mikesmoparperformance

MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: R2 on October 19, 2009, 06:43:33 PM
I re-did the stripe on my Charger,,,used to be white.......... :coolgleamA:

I ended up going with a matte black,,,,,,,,,, :coolgleamA:

Car is originally a stripe delete car........... :popcrn:

Sometime next year,,,the plan is to totally restore the car,,,,,nut and bolt,,,but for now,,,i justed wanted to change the appearance a bit,,,,so i went with a matte black,,,,,,, :o

I kept the emblems,,,since it already has "holes" in the quarter where the emblems mounts...so...ideally,,,i would like the stripe without the emblems,,,,but there was no way getting around covering the holes at this time.............

I know it is NOT correct,,,,but it will do for now,,,, :Twocents:

From a distance,,,,the car looks totally stripe delete.....but as you get closer to the car,,,the stripe becomes more obvious..... :coolgleamA:

Worst part was taking off the old stripe......... :brickwall:

New one went on without a hitch.......... :slap:

some pics.......

Just a thought but I removed my emblems and filled them in between the stripe border line then sprayed it single stage even though the car is base coat / clear coat and it came out perfect.
Your car looks awesome!   :coolgleamA:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Hemidog

autodynamics

Johnny SixPack

Definitely dig the flat black stripe.  :yesnod:

But I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it with the white stripe too.  :coolgleamA:

Either way, it's a sweet Charger.  :2thumbs:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

aone415

Nice looking 69!!! Love the flat black stripe :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.