News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

which MSD coil???

Started by HITMAN 149, October 28, 2009, 08:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HITMAN 149

hey guys...  :cheers:
ok i just missed a sweet MSD set up for sale on craigslist!! grrrr oh welll!!
sooooo i figured out all the MSD ignition stuff im gonna use on the 440....
MSD pro-billet dist...... MSD 6AL ign box...
BUT which coil?!?!? the round blaster 2 coil....OR...... the lil square blaster SS coil?!?!?!?
grrrrrrrrrrr?!?!? it's never easy!! they can't just give you one damn thing... they gotta give you choices?!?!?!? hahahaha lmao!!!
thanks!!!!!!!
-john
ohhhh also anyone recommend who's got good prices on the whole set?!?!?
:cheers:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

firefighter3931

Both will work fine but i went with the Blaster SS coil and mounted it on the inner fender...keeps it isolated from heat & vibration.  :yesnod:

Don't forget to use a high quality ignition wire.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

HITMAN 149

hey ron....
thanks!!! yea i guess that would be a better idea than having it on the motor w/ all the heat & rumbling around....
and yes i'll prob end up doing MSD wires as well.... gotta see if they make them in BLACK?!?!? hehehe would look good against the hemi orange block!!!!!
:cheers:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

firefighter3931

Forget the MSD wires....lemme fix you up with a set of Firecore's.  :icon_smile_big:

The Blaster SS is an excellent coil...i like mine, a lot.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

HITMAN 149

firecores?!?!? ill look them up....
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on October 28, 2009, 09:55:10 PM
firecores?!?!? ill look them up....

Ron sells them! They are the best!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

HITMAN 149

ohhhhhh i seeeee!!! lol
hmmmm welllll if he can make emmm in BLACK i'd be interested!!! lol

HOT... soooo i saw your charger on ebay a lil bit ago!!! =/ did you end up gettin rid of it??
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

firefighter3931

Yep, the firecore's are awesome....and they only come in black.  :icon_smile_big: These are custom fit specificly for Mopar applications.... plug n play, no hassles.  :2thumbs:

Ron

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on October 28, 2009, 10:01:26 PM
ohhhhhh i seeeee!!! lol
hmmmm welllll if he can make emmm in BLACK i'd be interested!!! lol

HOT... soooo i saw your charger on ebay a lil bit ago!!! =/ did you end up gettin rid of it??

Yes I did sell it. Im in the middle of a new project now...... Check this out:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,59899.0.html
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

firefighter3931

John, these are the 8.5mm Firecores on my engine  :2thumbs:

Ron

greenpigs

I use a Blaster 2 coil that I removed the sticker and painted black.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

LeadfootBob

Blaster 2 worked great on chebbie 468 with the pro billet and AL2 box. MAN what a difference from the stock HEI dist.
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

HITMAN 149

ok soooo i've priced out the pro billet distributor... the 6al ign box & the blaster SS coil.... got a great deal $oooo far from a speed shop by me that ive used for stuffffff!!!!  OHHHH and a sweeeet set of plug wires from firefighter dude!!!! lol
i'll keep ya posted!!!!!
01 BMW 740i SPORT