News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

daytona nose dimensions

Started by goosesgarage, January 08, 2010, 12:31:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goosesgarage

does anyone have the dimensions for a daytona nose? Is the anywhere where i can get some paper outlines of a nose so i can try and build a steel one? thanks, Aron

hemigeno

My guess is if you don't want to buy one of the cheaper fiberglass versions to use as a pattern, you'll need to find someone nearby who is working on a clone  -- or a car with an original steel nose if you're really lucky -- and will let you borrow their nosecone to make the patterns you want.  I'm not aware of any source for paper tracings, and taking all the dimensions you would need (the nose is a fairly complex shape when you get right down to it) would be a daunting task for anyone.  Plus, from what a lot of guys on here have said about their cars, it's better to have your car's front clip mocked up so that the nose can be fitted to your fenders (& hood, since that line is not straight across either).

:Twocents:

RTDaddy

Goose,
Where are you located?  You can measure mine. 

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."
"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."