News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

727 transmisson

Started by 72charger440, October 18, 2009, 01:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

72charger440

how much fluid does the 727s take if there totally dry?
72 charger SE 440 big block  
mopar or no car!!!!

72charger440

does anybody know its for a big block and i need 2 move this thing, im guessin 12 quarts?
mopar or no car!!!!

John_Kunkel

Depends on the size of the converter, a 727 with the large converter and stock pan will take about 9 quarts. Deep pan adds about 2 quarts and oversized cooler will take more.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

72charger440

so about 9 quarts ok then i might need 2 redo my trans because yesterday i went 2 drive it and when i put it into gear my trans didnt seem like it did but when i gave it a lot of gas my car barly moved and i know i put 3 quarts into the torque converter and im thinkin 3 into the trans pan so if it was 3 short would it still do that or is the tranny shot?
mopar or no car!!!!

72charger440

im thinkin i should give the tranny the 3 more quarts and see what shell do
mopar or no car!!!!

c00nhunterjoe

not to be a smart arse but what does the level show on the dipstick?

John_Kunkel

:iagree: The final determination of proper fluid level is from the dipstick when with the engine idling in Neutral at operating temperature.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

AZMoparboy

Hi 72charger440,

I just went though this with my rebuild, I put 8 quarts in a thought that was good :rotz:. my charger wouldn't shift right, so I looked at the dipstick and it was low, I added 2 more quarts before the pipstick read full, and now the car shifts just fine. This car stuff is fun, one learning experience after another :yesnod: