News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aftermarket Transmission

Started by dodgecharger72, October 02, 2009, 09:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgecharger72

Yes but we have been discussing putting a rebuilt 727 in it because my 904 probably will not hold up the next few years

Troy

Just build the 904. It should live happily behind a street 360 - guys use them as race transmissions all the time. Saves you the time/effort/money of tracking down a small block 727 (typically more expensive than a big block 727) and you can use what you've got until you really need something else.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

dodgecharger72

Hmmmmmm.....  That would definitely be easier/cheaper. If I built that up would it hold up well under some hard driving for the next few years?

alcusswhen

Quote from: dodgecharger72 on October 04, 2009, 01:47:50 PM
They also told me that I could buy a transmission for my car and when I upgrade to a 440 all I will need is a big block torque converter not a whole new transmission

As you have already been told a small block transmission don't bolt up to a big block. Now for the good news a 518 OD transmission will bolt right up to your small block, plus when you drop in your 440 you can get an adapter kit to put the 518 behind your big block. This can be done for less than the cost of a Gear Vender set up.
Bone 7

73 Charger SE/ 318/391 stroker, 2500 Boss Hogg converter/ 391 sure grip.
07 Charger R/T

lisiecki1

Quote from: dodgecharger72 on October 09, 2009, 09:19:52 PM
Hmmmmmm.....  That would definitely be easier/cheaper. If I built that up would it hold up well under some hard driving for the next few years?

absolutely it would :2thumbs:
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html