News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Drive in restaraunts and old cars

Started by Ghoste, October 01, 2009, 08:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelRW

Quote from: b5blue on October 02, 2009, 06:38:55 PM
Nothing like a slug from a big frosty mug!  :cheers:

Yeah, while it's washing down a Papa Burger or a chili cheese dog with onions.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

ACUDANUT

I can't get excited about Sonic. Just PLAIN BLAND food.  I wish Stake and Shake would go more to the Sonic type of service. A&W IMO is a step better in food, than Sonic.  :Twocents: :yesnod:

Ghoste

I find that with pretty much all franchised food places.  They spend so much time carefully packaging and marketing the "experience" of their establishment that the food becomes just another carefully engineered part of that "experience".  Don't risk offending anybody, just go for generic.

elacruze

I grew up in Michigan with A&W and Daly's. Neither where I was had skates, nor were cruisable due to no circle drive but everybody came through at dusk... We just got a Sonic in Jensen Beach, which looks promising. It's on the street in a mall parking lot, it's cruisable and has plenty of parking behind it for the 'see-what's-up-then-park' crowd. The carhops are on skates, and no shortage of nice young ladies. When I get back we're going to discuss some 'advertising opportunities' with them, maybe have something like 'retro night' where the carhops wear skirts / tee shirts.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.