News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Repro Consoles

Started by joesykora, January 22, 2006, 03:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joesykora

Has anyone used a L&P Manufacturing Console? I have found 3 or more on ebay for 154 dollars each and I wanted to see about what averyone thought. Here is the link just so you can see

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPAR-CONSOLE-68-70-B-BODY-CHARGER-R-T-BEE-ROAD-RUNNER_W0QQitemZ4606796023QQcategoryZ34206QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

It's obviously a popular topic right now.  I wonder what it will do to the price of some of the used 800 dollar consoles I've seen at swap meets? lol

Troy

Quote from: Ghoste on January 22, 2006, 04:21:40 PM
It's obviously a popular topic right now. I wonder what it will do to the price of some of the used 800 dollar consoles I've seen at swap meets? lol
That depends, I've never seen anyone asking $800 for just the plastic part but maybe I haven't been looking hard enough. I've seen complete consoles for $400-500 but a lot of that cost is in the top plates which still aren't being reproduced (unless you count Stinger's fiberglass ones which you can't chrome). I think it will definitely drop the price on old used junk like the repro 'I' pieces and checkmark trim did. Good for us as long as the repros are accurate (unlike many of the sheetmetal pieces).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

To be fair, it was summer before last that I saw people asking that much and it was for the 4 speed ones.  This past year they all seemed to come down to the 4-500 dollar range so I assume there weren't a lot of takers at just under a grand.
Now with the insanely unrealistic prices the Mopars are garnering this weekend in Arizona, maybe if you can prove your old used one is not a repro, it'll be worth giant money?