News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New guy checking in!

Started by dakota1967, September 11, 2009, 09:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dakota1967

Well, newly registered anyway...been lurking for some time. jb666's trials and tribulations with BK lead me to this site. I've always loved Chargers and once owned the 72 in my avatar.  I bought it in 1985 and sold it 2 years later to buy a motorcycle!  Long story longer, motorcycle long gone...regrets, more than ever. :'(  I loved my 72 but my true passion is the 69.  I'm currently looking for a decent driver.  You guys with resto projects have my utmost respect.  I wish I had the expertise, tools, space, and patience for a project. 

69bronzeT5

Welcome to the site! Good luck on finding a Charger, this is the best place for it :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mopar73

Glad to have you here :cheers: :cheers: good luck on the search

vancamp

Blown70

North Dakota, EH?  Where abouts,  I am in Fargo.

Tom

dakota1967

Thanks for the welcome guys!  In my time here I've learned so much and hope to learn more!

Quote from: Blown70 on September 11, 2009, 10:21:56 PM
North Dakota, EH?  Where abouts,  I am in Fargo.

Tom
Hi Tom!  I'm in Fargo too.  Originally from Fergus Falls, then college at UND (Go SIOUX!!!), and here since 1991. 

Doug

Blown70

Dang a SIOUX fan.... :D,

I have been her from 98.   Have to meet up.  Maybe you know all the guys around... I dont live too far from Jeff P.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

400/6/PAC

dakota1967

Quote from: Blown70 on September 12, 2009, 06:18:18 PM
Dang a SIOUX fan.... :D,

I have been her from 98.   Have to meet up.  Maybe you know all the guys around... I dont live too far from Jeff P.

Hopefully you're a Bison fan.  That I can live with, but if its the dreaded Gophers....well, we'd have to agree to disagree!  :cheers:
I don't know many car guys around here, don't know Jeff P.  I've been to 2 Broadway cruise nites this year.  I guess there is still one left in Oct.  Any of the Chargers I've seen down there yours??

Doug

Blown70

Doug,
No, I have not been the the cruise on Broadway.  Supposed to be good.  MGBRingo is from Fargo, XS29J, and a couple others.

I have a running 318 69, but have not driven it but once this summer.

my 70 well is a long long process.

Then that wing project... sucks money like no tomorrow..... :pity:

dakota1967

Quote from: Blown70 on September 12, 2009, 06:46:14 PM
Doug,
No, I have not been the the cruise on Broadway.  Supposed to be good.  MGBRingo is from Fargo, XS29J, and a couple others.

Wing project?!?  Sounds interesting.  Any pics of your cars online?  Would love to see 'em!  You'ld like the Broadway cruise nite.  I've been to 4 or 5 over this year and last and each one has had more cars show up.  I like to see all old muscle cars but the Chargers are where it's at for me!  Did you happen to go to the car show in Pelican Rapids this summer?  A guy from Barnesville had a very nice red 68 in the show that was for sale...almost went for it but I decided to hold out for a 69.

MGBRingo

Hey Doug.   Glad to see another Fargo Charger fan.

I have a 70 RT SE that I took to the Broadway cruise a few times this year.   Been really good turn outs this year.  September was packed. Several Chargers there each month.  I hope they can have one last one in October. 

Ron

dakota1967

Quote from: MGBRingo on September 12, 2009, 08:21:52 PM
Hey Doug.   Glad to see another Fargo Charger fan.

I have a 70 RT SE that I took to the Broadway cruise a few times this year.   Been really good turn outs this year.  September was packed. Several Chargers there each month.  I hope they can have one last one in October. 

Ron

Hi Ron!

I think I remember your car, very nice!  I was explaining the differences between the 68,69, and 70's to my brother.  I can't wait until I can have one to show off down there!!

Doug

Blown70

Quote from: dakota1967 on September 12, 2009, 08:17:15 PM
Quote from: Blown70 on September 12, 2009, 06:46:14 PM
Doug,
No, I have not been the the cruise on Broadway.  Supposed to be good.  MGBRingo is from Fargo, XS29J, and a couple others.

Wing project?!?  Sounds interesting.  Any pics of your cars online?  Would love to see 'em!  You'ld like the Broadway cruise nite.  I've been to 4 or 5 over this year and last and each one has had more cars show up.  I like to see all old muscle cars but the Chargers are where it's at for me!  Did you happen to go to the car show in Pelican Rapids this summer?  A guy from Barnesville had a very nice red 68 in the show that was for sale...almost went for it but I decided to hold out for a 69.

Doug mostly pics on here.  If your really in the market there is Byron from Bismark too.  usually has several different ones around.  The wing car project is just a collection of the parts for now.  I am trying to decide if I want to use the 318 charger I have for that.......70 is a tube chassis, built more as a drag car. ......long story of horse trading... but now plan to get that pro streeted.....

You looking for complete or project, and what kind of budget you looking at.

Tom

jb666

Welcome, Doug!! I'm glad my story brought you here, and glad it didn't scare you away from looking for a '69!! I look forward to seeing more of your posts  :cheers: :cheers:

FlatbackFanatic

Welcome! Good luck in your search. :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

dakota1967

Quote from: jb666 on September 13, 2009, 07:55:13 AM
Welcome, Doug!! I'm glad my story brought you here, and glad it didn't scare you away from looking for a '69!! I look forward to seeing more of your posts  :cheers: :cheers:

Hey, thanks Jeff!

Your legendary story has become daily reading for me.  Kind of like a bad novel with BK as the villian and you as the unlikley hero!  At least in the end of this one it looks like you slay the villan and get the girl....or in this case a super nice GL!

dakota1967

[/quote]

Doug mostly pics on here.  If your really in the market there is Byron from Bismark too.  usually has several different ones around.  The wing car project is just a collection of the parts for now.  I am trying to decide if I want to use the 318 charger I have for that.......70 is a tube chassis, built more as a drag car. ......long story of horse trading... but now plan to get that pro streeted.....

You looking for complete or project, and what kind of budget you looking at.

Tom
[/quote]

I'm looking for a fairly complete driver.  Engine doesn't matter much to me...#'s matching or not.  I just love the body style so much and figure I can always add more muscle down the road.  As for budget I'm in the 20-25K range.

Tilar

Welcome to the site! You can get a pretty decent car for that kind of change.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

jb666

Quote from: dakota1967 on September 13, 2009, 06:18:27 PM
Quote from: jb666 on September 13, 2009, 07:55:13 AM

Hey, thanks Jeff!

Your legendary story has become daily reading for me.  Kind of like a bad novel with BK as the villian and you as the unlikley hero!  At least in the end of this one it looks like you slay the villan and get the girl....or in this case a super nice GL!

You know, I've never thought of any of it like that...  :lol: And I am by no means a "hero".. More like the idiot that ended up with the "restored" car with $90k into it that needed a full restoration to make it driveable  :rofl: If my heroism has taught people here nothing else, at least the logic of bringing someone with you when you're buying your "dream car" jumps out now  :o

Brock Samson

jb666

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 23, 2009, 12:50:59 PM
90K?..  :smilielol:

Yes, that is close to the amount that BK Auto was paid to "build" this car the first time, if you factor in the cost of the drive-train. No typo there.

Brock Samson

Wait,. So the $90K was BEFORE you had to rebuild it from scratch?.. I figgure you got approx. 70K into it yourself but im not sure if that includes the purchase price or just your resto...  :shruggy:

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722