News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW 71 Charger

Started by 71mopar383, June 16, 2009, 04:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71mopar383

I never do these but I might have to see what i can get for her. 1971 Dodge Charger Black with Black interior. Solid/straight car no rust in floors, trunk, top,fenders. Has 2 quarter sized spots in front of the back wheels that's it. The interior has bucket seats B&M shifter, autometer gauges, ralley dash. Good carpet, headliner, door panels. The front buckets are good the drivers seat has a split seam in the bottom and needs a dash cap. Car has been rewired with a Painless Wiring harness from front to back. Rebuild 8 ¾ rearend 3.55 gears and a Detroit locker diff. New Hemi leaf springs, fuel tank with 3/8 p/u tube and 3/8 alum fuel line from tank to pump. New sub frame connectors and drive saftey loop, 3 inch exhaust from ceremic coated headers thru x pipe thru dynomax mufflers out the back. Rebuilt 727 with eagle clutches TF2 shift kit and a 9 ½ inch PTC stall. Stalls around 2400 under light foot and 3600 under heavy foot. Centerline telestar wheels 15x7 ft, 15x8 rear. Front has n/pwr disc brake conversion, new p/s box, hoses. The motor is a new .030 over 400 block with a steel 383 crank keith black pistons. Ported 516 head with 2.19/1.88 valves which makes it a 10.3-1 compression. A Lunati 268 voodoo hyd cam, ported Performer RPM intake and a Holley 780 vac sec carb. MSD dist, wires, and 6al box. Aluminum radiator with 16 inch electric fan. Milidon oil pump and 8qt s/s oil pan.The motor has been broke in and might have 15 miles on it. I was org a 318/904 bench seat. is a a/c car but not in it. need to be repainted. What do you guys think?   :cheers:

ralley72

Have any pictures you can post?
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

nakita7

Hate to say it, but the mods you did mean very little, it's still a 318 bench seat car. Please post some pics though.

71mopar383

OK I know its been a couple months since I asked this question but I finally got around to posting pics so here is a link.. Also what would you subtract if I kept the mtr and tranny and sold it as a roller.

http://1971dodgecharger.shutterfly.com/

:cheers:

ZSmithersCharges

Blown70

I would suggest you make a price with and with out Motor/tranny.  IMO you limit some of your potential sales by taking out the motor and tranny as you will certainly have some people that want a running driving care. and Dont want the headache of buying, building and installling a driveline.

That being said, i really dont know what that car would go for, but it seems too look like a very nice Driver..... :shruggy:  I dont know much about 3rd gens....sorry

pjdavis1

My opinion is the way it sits $6500 tops, without motor and trans $3000-$3500. I have the same deal with my 71. It started as a 318 car and I put a 383 in it. I had number correct cars before and decided to buy this for playing. You have a nice looking car, but at the end of the day when it comes to value, it is still a 318 car.