News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Master Hardware List

Started by TexasStroker, August 18, 2009, 03:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasStroker

I don't think I'll be the first to ask about this, yet I could find nothing with the serach  :shruggy:

Has anyone made a "Master Hardware List" for the Charger?  I was disappointed when my "restoration" books/guides don't take the time to list out the fasteners etc.  It would really benefit everyone if something like this was available online or archived so ple wouldn't have to ask the same ?s over and over or if they did, they could simply be directed to the "list."

I'm wondering what the factory used for the tail light cover, tail panel flat trim, back up light lenses and lens to housing bolts on the tail lights themselves. 

As of right now the back up light lens is held in with matching sets of different hardware on either lens, the tail light cover had no hardware to go thru to the lock support and the upper screws were one phillips, and one slotted?!  The tail panel trim looks correct, but the pans are different diameters on the screws still in place  :lol:

Resto parts outifts don't list the hardware seperately, even if it is included with another part.  I can get most of this stuff at a hardware store, but when you have conflicting fasteners you dont' know which one, if either, is correct.  Somebody has to know this stuff, even if they just know the "trunk area" or "exterior trim" or "grille."  Put the knowledge together into a comprehensive thread and we are golden...I know year to year would vary, but anything would be an improvement over nothing!

Unless of course this is already in place and somehow missed the memo, lol.

Nonetheless for the time being I guess I'd be content with the tail light cover, tail panel trim, and back up light screws  ;D

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

moparsons

Ghoste

There is a fastener guide for many of our cars but it isn't cheap.  I've seen them for sale at the WP Chrysler Museum but I forget the title now.  I'll have to look it up I have it written down here someplace.

TexasStroker

I remember seeing something for E-bodies, but never specifically recall seeing B-body or Charger related stuff...I would think someone would have made this happen by now, actually surprised I couldn't find anything on the site :(

When you have to replace hardware it is just as easy to get the correct stuff as the incorrect stuff, but when you have mix and match pieces you have a really hard time knowing what to go with.

I'm taking the tail light lens to housing screws with me hopefully tomorrow to match them as I know they are "correct" just missing.  The tail light cover and back up light lenses I have no idea bc I don't know what, if any, is from the factory.  If these were bolts I could have it done in a snap, I don't use screws near as much and none of my gauges do screws...go figure.
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

Ghoste

There is definitely a B-body one.

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: Ghoste on August 18, 2009, 11:18:49 PM
There is definitely a B-body one.

Yep!  We had one at the shop but I'm not sure where it ran off to    :RantExplode:

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

TexasStroker

Well with ya'll's leads I found one:

https://www.paddockparts.com/Paddock/productr.asp?pf%5Fid=MMBBR1&gift=False&HSLB=False&mscssid=233A876922B444DEACE1DB49FF837DD8

It is only $130  :-\

I will not pay that kind of cash to find out what the correct fasteners are for the tail light cover...I'd think $20 would be more in line...I know it is a lot of work and time consuming to document everything, but geez, hard to justify that for your everyday, working guy.

If anyone can help me with the fasteners I'm concerned with I'd appreciate it, lol.
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

Blown70

CHeck my link there bub.... about 1/2 what you want to pay there. If I remember correctly same book.

Tom

TexasStroker

Okay...

Backtracked and found the price...Thanks!
http://www.mmcdetroit.com/Market_Place/

It is still steep when you are just wondering about a 3 or 4 different fasteners...But liveable compared to $130, lol.  I think it would be well worth it if you were starting from the ground up, or knew that the car was a basketcase.

The AMK stuff never seems to list the fasteners I have in question...which is usually how stuff goes for me :(
http://amkproducts.com/Catalog_PDF/196-201.pdf

I might just find something that works, that I like, and buy "x" number for each of the mentioned parts/pieces. 
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

Blown70

FJ5WING

WOW! :o
Thats the first Ive seen or heard of the AMK kits. :scratchchin:

looks like Im going to placing a few more orders. :brickwall:
wingless now, but still around.

maxwellwedge

Careful with that book - There are a lot of mistakes. The best bet (but not always easiest) would be to go look at a bunch of original cars - take pics, make notes etc. and make friends with people that have the stuff so they can email you a pic of the area. This forum has a lot of good people on it that either have the car or know someone that does. What year are you looking for? I can try and help you.

TexasStroker

Hadn't been on in awhile and didn't know this thread had been bumped, lol.

I just ran the misc screws/nuts up to a hardware outfit I give a lot of business to (for work, not personally) and they of course just gave me what I needed.

I think the book is a great idea and I think most everyone on this site would cough up $19.99 to own one...But nearly $100 for something that apparently has errors is way to steep for me.  I was always sad when I'd pull out a manual or "resto" book that didn't even mention specs for the fasteners etc.

But I finally got all that hashed out and even got the tail light cover back on a few weekends ago...Been busy with shows and planning some stuff but I'll get the trunk floor thread updated as I guess it is about as close to complete as possible.

Thanks for the offer to help though! 
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

Ghoste

I quite agree.  Maxwellwedge are those errors just in the B-body version or the E one as well?  Are there lots of them or just a few that you could mention here and make someone's copy right?