News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Closet Charger owner. I must confess, I have sinned

Started by 1969chargerrtse, September 20, 2009, 06:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

For those that have read my long dragged out "Rob's restoration thread" ( http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,34954.0.html ) then you know one thing I have said is that I've owned close to a 100 Muscle cars, but saved the 69 Charger for last. My dream car.  Well.................... kinda. :icon_smile_big:
I actually owned one in 1980.  I bought it in my town for 300.00.  It was a 318 auto, green on green on green. Did I mention I don't care for green?  I bought a 340 out of a Cuda from the local paper and dropped that baby in.  I put on the dual exhaust, stripe and all the fun R/T stuff.  In the picture you can see my dad helping me. My dad had no use for cars. One day I told him how it warmed my heart that he was out there helping me, or keeping me company  :icon_smile_wink:. He laughed and said " Rob, I was just helping to get that ugly car and pole set up off the front lawn  :hah:". :brickwall:
So here it is, even though I've made it look like this Charger I have now is my first, there was another love many years ago.  I did all the body work and dyed the interior and roof black.  I had Maaco do a nice paint job and it was a really nice car.  I had loud mufflers on it that I hated and in less than a year I sold it. The new owner totaled the car soon after and it is gone.
There you have it.  :angel:

Oh, see the white truck cap. That is my Uncles truck. He was living in FL. His truck was at his home up here.  I went and borrowed it without telling him to get the Cuda motor to my house.  I was showing him that picture one day of how I put the motor in when he looks closer at the picture and says " Is that my truck? ".  :flush:

The Chevelle is my younger brothers car.  A guy that once owned a mint 67 GTO conv, and sold it because it needed front brake pads. :slap:
The 70 Caprice was one of my all time favorite cars.   454, rally wheels, dual exhaust, and fully loaded.  A real nice car.

Dad drove the pinto.  :hah: :smilielol: I told you he knew nothing about cars.  :smilielol:

The front plate said " ITALIAN STALLION "  Now that's funny.  :smilielol:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

The70RT

Shame on you. What was the hold out for?  :flame: Cool pics again Rob. I had a 69 that color too. I sold it to a guy and he painted it yellow. I bet a lot of those cars turned a different color. I see a 69 Chevelle and a 70 Impala. The first car I drove to high school was a 69 Impala.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: The70RT on September 20, 2009, 06:18:18 PM
Shame on you. What was the hold out for?  :flame: Cool pics again Rob. I had a 69 that color too. I sold it to a guy and he painted it yellow. I bet a lot of those cars turned a different color. I see a 69 Chevelle and a 70 Impala. The first car I drove to high school was a 69 Impala.
I kinda forgot?  :icon_smile_big:   I really did.  I've come across several pictures of my past cars and then remember, oh yeah I had one of those.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sweet jeebus man.....R/T badges on a straight stripe and all.....WTF did you buy your old car back? :nana:

What was the VIN#????
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Foreman72 on September 20, 2009, 07:31:07 PM
man that thing looks great! thats a macco job?
They really did a good job.  The day it was painted I pulled into a beach side hot dog stand.  A punch of bikers pulled in behind me and this one big ugly dude walks over to the Charger and sits on the hood. :o  I turned around and saw that, and turned around again and walked away. :RantExplode:  What a idiot, but I'm still alive.  :laugh:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on September 20, 2009, 07:24:01 PM
Sweet jeebus man.....R/T badges on a straight stripe and all.....WTF did you buy your old car back? :nana:

What was the VIN#????
I know, funny isn't it?  Even back then I had no idea about the emblems and straight stripe thing.
I painted the stripe but used wide pin stripe tape for the outter stripe.
Notice how it has the correct trim rings.  I have no idea where I bought the rims?
Well looky here, another original 69 Charger with black door push buttons?
No head rest, I hated that.
One day I will swing by the town hall and get the VIN in the records book.

69bronzeT5

Wow, that thing looked sweet! You did an awesome job. Do you know if it still exists?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 20, 2009, 07:57:53 PM
Wow, that thing looked sweet! You did an awesome job. Do you know if it still exists?
CAUGHT!!  So you didn't read the whole thing, did you.  :slap:

The new owner flipped it over soon after and it is gone

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 20, 2009, 08:00:02 PM

Woops, I thought he flipped it as in sold!
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 20, 2009, 08:01:59 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 20, 2009, 08:00:02 PM

Woops, I thought he flipped it as in sold!
Good point, I'll reword it.

jaak

Why you dis green cars?  :nana: Cool story, thanks for sharing the pics!

Jason

Daytona R/T SE

Your old car sure looked great... :coolgleamA:

But how did you get Lou Ferrigno to pose for that picture?  :shruggy:

Foreman72

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 20, 2009, 07:35:41 PM
They really did a good job.  The day it was painted I pulled into a beach side hot dog stand.  A punch of bikers pulled in behind me and this one big ugly dude walks over to the Charger and sits on the hood. :o  I turned around and saw that, and turned around again and walked away. :RantExplode:  What a idiot, but I'm still alive.  :laugh:

i woulda made a scene...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: jaak on September 20, 2009, 09:31:44 PM
Why you dis green cars?  :nana: Cool story, thanks for sharing the pics!

Jason
Just never was a lover of green. Have no idea why?  But a Charger in any color works for me.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Foreman72 on September 20, 2009, 10:13:13 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 20, 2009, 07:35:41 PM

i woulda made a scene...
Then you would be gone like the Charger is today.  Did I say " a bunch of bikers? "  When they are packs like that looking for trouble, best to walk away.  After they were done slicing me up, they would of destroyed the car.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 20, 2009, 10:06:53 PM

I was just a skinny Ginny.  Still where sneakers 24/7 but no watch and velour pants.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 20, 2009, 10:22:20 PM

But how did you get Lou Ferrigno to pose for that picture?  :shruggy:
I was just a skinny Ginny.  Still where sneakers 24/7 but no watch and velour pants.

That's you?

You look an awful lot like "Him"  :o

...It wouldn't be the first time we had a celebrity on here  :scratchchin:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 20, 2009, 10:26:25 PM

I was just a skinny Ginny.  Still where sneakers 24/7 but no watch and velour pants.

That's you?

You look an awful lot like "Him"  :o

...It wouldn't be the first time we had a celebrity on here  :scratchchin:

Back then I was into Elvis, Rocky and John Travolta. :hah: :icon_smile_big:

tan top

more good pictures Rob  :yesnod:  you had a nice looking 69 back then  :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

chargergirl

I was just a skinny Ginny.  Still where sneakers 24/7 but no watch and velour pants.
Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive! He sat on your car for a reason.
Trust your Woobie!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: chargergirl on September 21, 2009, 06:30:04 AM

Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive! He sat on your car for a reason.
:lol:  Oh that is fuuny! That was a good one. Never thought of that?  Ha ha.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: tan top on September 21, 2009, 05:47:04 AM
more good pictures Rob  :yesnod:  you had a nice looking 69 back then  :coolgleamA:
It did turn out sharp looking, but not even close to what I have today.