News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally after 5 years I am posting pictures of my 68 Charger

Started by METROID, September 18, 2009, 05:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

METROID

1968 Dodge Charger (Original 383) Now 440 R/T Clone.

Bought the car in highschool and put in a rebuilt 1974 440, rebuilt the 727 and front end. The car sat my Senior year and I went off to college. I am now starting my 4th year away at college and this summer I got some body work done and got it painted.

Praying I can ship it up here in January but I want to replace the grille, front bumper, rebuild the steering and do a front disc conversion before then but we will see if I can get the $$$$. Hood on car is the hood off the Blade stunt car from Blade Trinity.

Go Hogs Go

Go Hogs!

LeadfootBob

Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

Back N Black

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Finn

That is wicked!
Are you in Cali? Background seems Southern-California-ish.
If so I know a bumper shop that could probably straighten that bumper and re-chrome. They do real nice work.
How did you get the hood from the stunt car?? Makes it look mean as hell. :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

METROID

Quote from: Finn on September 19, 2009, 01:17:57 AM
That is wicked!
If so I know a bumper shop that could probably straighten that bumper and re-chrome. They do real nice work.
How did you get the hood from the stunt car?? Makes it look mean as hell. :2thumbs:

Yes I am from San Bernardino Area and I will be shipping this thing to Napa in a few monts so I can actually work on it. I would be greatful for a good reference to a bumper shop.

I started looking for a six pack hood back in May or June and I wanted a metal one but did not want to cut mine up. After a week of searching I found a craigslist somone had posted on DodgeCharger.com A guy claiming to have the hood, door sills, and taill lights from the Blade Trinity stunt car. At first I thought it might be a scam but after many emails he suggested a secure method of payment and shipment. I got the hood and repaired it and put it on the Charger. We may never know if it is authentic  :shruggy: but the guy spent over 3 months communicating with me through e-mail and had very detailed information about the filming and set. He even had photos Ive never seen anywhere on the net.

I am happy to have the hood but I wish a Charger didn't have to die.

I am a volunteer firemen as well but I think I would jump in front of the jaws of life before I would let it touch any Charger.

Finn

:o
:'(

Man and I just saw a thread with a completely destroyed Challenger RT convertible...too much classic destruction for one night (actually for a lifetime preferably).

Here's the shop where I had my bumpers done: http://www.thebumpershop.com/Contact.html

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Supercharged Riot

San Bernardino is a lil ghetto.  I live in Riverside.  Nice look man

I want a hood with a scoop just like that.  But my blower is in the way   :D

I plan on giving it a break so that I can drive my Charger around more often

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: METROID on September 20, 2009, 12:47:07 AM
Quote from: Finn on September 19, 2009, 01:17:57 AM
That is wicked!

Yes I am from San Bernardino Area and I will be shipping this thing to Napa in a few monts so I can actually work on it. I would be greatful for a good reference to a bumper shop.

I started looking for a six pack hood back in May or June and I wanted a metal one but did not want to cut mine up. After a week of searching I found a craigslist somone had posted on DodgeCharger.com A guy claiming to have the hood, door sills, and taill lights from the Blade Trinity stunt car. At first I thought it might be a scam but after many emails he suggested a secure method of payment and shipment. I got the hood and repaired it and put it on the Charger. We may never know if it is authentic  :shruggy: but the guy spent over 3 months communicating with me through e-mail and had very detailed information about the filming and set. He even had photos Ive never seen anywhere on the net.

I am happy to have the hood but I wish a Charger didn't have to die.

I am a volunteer firemen as well but I think I would jump in front of the jaws of life before I would let it touch any Charger.

Where is that and whats the number? I will buy it lol...

METROID

Yeah SB is not the best area for my Charger it has been broken into many times. Someone even tried to hot wire it but the car had no engine in it at the time :smilielol:.

Nothing left of the stunt car besides the hood, door sills, and tail lamps. The rest was turned into scrap metal a couple years ago.

I have no engine bay pics at the moment but there isn't much to look at everything is dusty and dirty and needs cosmetic repair. Interior is torn up as well, I would take some pics but the car is 500 miles away from me at the moment and I probably wont get to see her until the end of December.

WINGR

Supercharged Riot

dude. your car was sitting outside in San Bernardino?  aww. man thats hardcore. and a lot of risk.  Im afraid to leave my car outside overnight.