News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

max compression

Started by 68chargerboy, September 27, 2009, 12:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chargerboy

so planning on building up a 528 stroker out of a 440 black and want to top it with the indy little easy heads.  i was wondering what compression i can run with the aluminum heads on pump gas, im thinking around 11?

mally69

i would say around 11, depends on what cam you use also, bigger cams bleed cylinder pressure. Ihave 11 in my 512 and its supposed to run on pump gas 93 oct but i had dwayne porter custom spec me out a cam for my engine.

Musicman

If your intent is to drive this engine on the street on a regular basis, then I would play it safe and shoot for something closer to a 10 +/- :yesnod:
The crap they sell as gasoline here in the states isn't getting any better you know.  :Twocents:

One or two points of compression may be helpful at the track, but it don't amount to a hill of beans on the street.

:cheers:

mally69

Quote from: Musicman on September 27, 2009, 02:25:41 PM
If your intent is to drive this engine on the street on a regular basis, then I would play it safe and shoot for something closer to a 10 +/- :yesnod:
The crap they sell as gasoline here in the states isn't getting any better you know.  :Twocents:

One or two points of compression may be helpful at the track, but it don't amount to a hill of beans on the street.

:cheers:

I agree musicman on this, if its a street car there really isn't any reason to go to the max with commpression i would shoot for 10.1 also if it was mine, that way you'll know your gonna be in the clear to use pump gas. 10 to 11 compression you probably wont notice any diff the biggest differences you can feel would be a cam and head and intake change would be the most noticeable power increase or decrease depending on your combo. Your BEST bet is if your gonna be putting a set of indy heads on this i would call dwayne porter he can set you right up with all the correct info and parts you will need for what you want to do.