News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Started by xx29440charger, September 10, 2009, 10:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xx29440charger

A383Wing

Ghoste

I believe Juliano has sold it but I can't recall now where it went.  Try a search here, there have been a number of threads about it in the past.

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on September 10, 2009, 10:50:47 PM
I believe Juliano has sold it but I can't recall now where it went.  Try a search here, there have been a number of threads about it in the past.
I'm. pretty sure juliano still has it 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

Yeah?  That would be nice then if he still has it, somehow it just fits his overall collection properly.

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Magnumcharger

Steve Juliano restored the car after buying it from Raffi Minasian, then sold it to a party on the east coast.
I believe he has stated his regrets in doing so, but the car was sold to free up funds for other aquisitions.

As a matter of trivia, I have been talking to Steve over the last few months with regards to some parts. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year and has been undergoing treatment since then.
Survival rate for that form of cancer is very low, I've heard 5%.
However, as of late his prognosis and condition has improved considerably.

There is a replica Supercharger (in it's first incarnation as the "Topless Charger") being built by Jim Rodebaugh, which you might remember as being the dude that built the replica Charger I showcar, and the phantom 1966 convertible Hemi Charger.
There is a page about this newest replica in the latest Mopar Collector guide.

Oh yeah, welcome aboard xx29440charger!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

moparstuart

Quote from: Magnumcharger on September 11, 2009, 11:46:41 AM
Steve Juliano restored the car after buying it from Raffi Minasian, then sold it to a party on the east coast.
I believe he has stated his regrets in doing so, but the car was sold to free up funds for other aquisitions.

As a matter of trivia, I have been talking to Steve over the last few months with regards to some parts. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year and has been undergoing treatment since then.
Survival rate for that form of cancer is very low, I've heard 5%.
However, as of late his prognosis and condition has improved considerably.

There is a replica Supercharger (in it's first incarnation as the "Topless Charger") being built by Jim Rodebaugh, which you might remember as being the dude that built the replica Charger I showcar, and the phantom 1966 convertible Hemi Charger.
There is a page about this newest replica in the latest Mopar Collector guide.

Oh yeah, welcome aboard xx29440charger!
pictures of jims replica from just last week  at charger fever   here   http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,61307.msg684911.html#msg684911
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Neal_J

Thanks for the update.  Glad to hear Steven's condition is improving.

Mike DC

Wow, pancreatic cancer is a bad situation.  I lost a relative over it.   :'(

The big problem is that they generally don't discover it until it's too late to stop it. 

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

6bblgt

Steve sold the Supercharger (which started life as a '68 440 powered R/T, then "Engel's Charger", then "Topless Charger in '69, then Supercharger for the '70 show season) & Daroo I or II to the owner of the other Daroo (I or II).  So those 3 Dodge showcars should still be in one collection on the east coast.

Ghoste

Oh, and Brian, that "Supercharger" that was at the Nats this year was definitely not the original one.  It was so far from the original that it's difficult to even call it a fake IMO.  To me it's a tip of the hat acknowledgment at best.

xx29440charger

Brock Samson

Todd Wilson

Brock Samson

Quote from: 6bblgt on September 11, 2009, 04:28:11 PM
Steve sold the Supercharger (which started life as a '68 440 powered R/T, then "Engel's Charger", then "Topless Charger in '69, then Supercharger for the '70 show season) & Daroo I or II to the owner of the other Daroo (I or II).  So those 3 Dodge showcars should still be in one collection on the east coast.

What incarnation was "Engel's Charger"?..  :shruggy:

Ghoste

The Engel Charger was a nickname given to the topless Charger during it's 1968 incarnation.  I'm pretty sure it is just based on the title of a magazine article about it.

Brock Samson

O.K. I was unsure what the three different names were Engle Topless and Super... I only seen the two,..  :shruggy:

Thanks...

Magnumcharger

This is the original steering wheel in the "Topless Charger".
Check out the monogram in the center of the horn button, "EE" - Elwood Engle.
As well, notice that the wheel rim is actually hollow...it's made out of perforated stainless steel!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed