News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 rear leaf "front hanger" source ?

Started by Beer, September 14, 2009, 05:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beer

I see Mancini has them for 72.

I am putting in caltracs and the front hanger needs to be a standard size (not the 2" for SS springs).  The opening for the Leaf needs be 3".

Anyone have a source for 73 Stock front hangers?

Jim
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Beer

Excellent Link! Thanks, got them on the way!

Jim
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Nacho-RT74

remember match the front leaf bushing with hanger and bolt... in STOCK form, there was two sizes of bushings ( diff inner diameter ) that made changes on front hanger bolt size and hole. I think change was made in earlier or mid 73.

the smaller inner diameter and bushing made a thicker isolation section... incrersing the isolation like on rest of car

maybe hard to notice on attachment but inner bushing diameter diff is there.

I didn't know when I changed my springs looong time ago, but some years later noticed they come in diff sizes compairing with some earlier chargers from buds. So I had to change the bushings on mine to match with hanger and bolt size.

Note, outer diameter is the same
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html