News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Indy Heads

Started by BBKNARF, November 02, 2009, 09:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBKNARF

On ebay I noticed a set of used Indy 440-1 heads is this a good price ? is it worth it, do they need offset rockers ?, special headers, external oil lines for the heads ?

Thank you,  Frank

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Mopar-Big-Block-Indy-440-1-Aluminum-Heads_W0QQitemZ290365784622QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item439b26422e
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

Ghoste

I don't know price wise but you do need all of those special parts (plus longer valves) to run them.

firefighter3931

The 440-1 heads are more of a high compression race head better suited to 500ci motors (or bigger). The larger max wedge intake port will hurt throttle response at lower engine speeds. These heads also require offset rocker arms and special headers due to the raised exhaust port location.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs