News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Traction control? What traction control? (aka-never a camera when you need one)

Started by Ghoste, December 12, 2009, 01:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I was dropping my daughter off for her dance lesson today and had one of those "damn I wish I had a camera!" moments.  I was waiting at a red light when a new Challenger pulled out of a gas station about a block ahead of me.  Now just the other night, the municipal workers all got out and salted the roads really good because the temperature dropped and they really need the overtime with Christmas coming.  Now those of you who aren't from the rust belt won't knwo what I'm talking about but those who are will.  You know how when they salt the streets but there isn't any snow or ice or anything for it to slush up and the salt turns to that frozen dust in the median?  Well Mr. Challenger had come flying out of the gas station (presumably to get out ahead of us at the red light) and he turned into the lane of traffic just about the point where he was driving through the pile of salt dust.  I'm sure he wasn't expecting the tires to break loose because the ass end had come well around by the time he took his foot out of it.  Had there actually been traffic bearing down on him when this happened I'm sure the results would have not been nearly so funny as the guy sitting in the Caravan at the red light thought it was.  :lol:
The moral of the story is don't move to the rust belt.

BigBlackDodge

I saw a funny fender bender last night. This guy had made a left turn out of a gas station pulled in front of another on coming car..............crunch!

The other car was a cop! :brickwall:

BBD

Ghoste

Ouch!  And you know there's just no talking your way out of that one.  :lol:

Just 6T9 CHGR

IDK man was it an SRT?  Those are the models that if you turn the traction control off its really mostly off.....a base R/T will only turn it partially off.

With the Daytona, turning off the TC will allow nice plumes of tire smoke but as soon as the tail started kicking out I'd get the "buhwhaaaahh" & the throttle would drop out.....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

To be honest Chris, I thought it was just an SE.  I only saw one tailpipe in back.  :shruggy:

69bronzeT5

BBD's post reminds me of an accident I saw back in mid November. A cop ghost car pulled out of the cop shop and got hit in the left front fender by a guy trying to blow through the intersection. He sure got busted :slap: The whole traction control thing also reminds me of the story I read online a few months ago about a guy who bought new tires for his Lexus, Armor-All'ed the WHOLE tire including the tread, went out racing around in the rain with traction control off, crashed and totalled his car and then wondering why he crashed.... :hah:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

dads_69

There is one less new red chally here. 2 months ago a guy took a S curve at a high rate of speed, 45 zone, they said he was doing 110 or more, after sliding side ways 4 different times, he hit the curb, and flipped the chally and thats that. My neighbor (cop) told me that since he knows I'm into mopars, he said, that car is wasted. I haven't seen it, but he said, it shocked him even, and hes seen lots of wrecks over the 14 years.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.