News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's your favorite pocketknife?

Started by Charger Aficionado, November 23, 2005, 04:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favorite production pocketknife?

SPYDERCO
4 (18.2%)
Kershaw
2 (9.1%)
Gerber
1 (4.5%)
Buck
4 (18.2%)
Cold Steel
0 (0%)
Puma
0 (0%)
Benchmade
1 (4.5%)
Case
1 (4.5%)
CRKT
0 (0%)
Schrade
1 (4.5%)
KaBar
2 (9.1%)
Ontario
0 (0%)
Paragon
0 (0%)
Smith & Wesson
2 (9.1%)
Timberline
1 (4.5%)
United Cutlery
0 (0%)
Victorinox
3 (13.6%)
Masters of Defense
0 (0%)
SOG
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Charger Aficionado

I'm a Spyderco guy...  I also like Gerbers alot...

Johnny SixPack

Same here.

Spyderco Rescue is what I regularly carry.

Benchmade and Gerber are both great too.

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Lowprofile

I Have had my Spyderco for years. Best knife I've ever owned. :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

charge69

I almost always carry a knife and more often than not , it is a Spyderco!! Different ones for different situations.  Also carry Benchmade and Al Mar from time to time.  Even use a Spyderco as a money clip (does not count as a carry knife , so I carry at least two! ).

71Charger500

Buck has always been faithful to me, but I haven't tried that many others.
1971 Charger 500 383 mod...
Takin' names on the open road.

SuBLimE 69

I voted Benchmade but I'd have to say none of the above.   Currently using a "Masters of Defense Keating Hornet Automatic"

Looks like this------>

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

The Mad Scientist

I like my Spyderco.  But my favorite was my old Wenger swiss army knife. 

ron73440

I've got an old lockback, it's Comanche Cutlery, surgical steel very good shape considering the age, used to be my Gandads' has anyone else heard of them?
I LIKE BEER!!!
USMC

ChargerBill

If you had asked multi-tool I would have said Gerber.

I carry a Smith & Wesson Home Defense locking blade knife. I've used it for everything from cutting open boxes, cutting up a watermelon, or cutting out a back glass from a B-body. I resharpen it after it's been abused and it keeps getting the job done.

Never heard of a Spyderco...good knives huh? I'll have to look them up.
Life is a highway...

Charger_Fan

I've never really had a big thing for knives, not that I don't like them...I just seem to blow my money on other things. I do have an Old Timer that my Grandpa gave me when I was little...this one I've had the longest.
I've also got some brand X locking knife with a 3" blade that I carry always. The funny thing is my son can always get it sharper than I can. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: ChargerBill on November 23, 2005, 04:04:36 PM
Never heard of a Spyderco...good knives huh? I'll have to look them up.
Here is their catalog:
http://spyderco.com/catalog/list.php?genre=knife&per_page=101
They are much cheaper on eBay.   When you hold one of these, you will really be able to tell the quality.   When I was in Japan I got a few very cheap, and had them forever...   They are made in Seki City Japan...

Check this baby out:

EDIT:  Oh yeah I forgot SOG makes an OUTSTANDING blade:

69_500

Well I collect Case Pocketknives so does that count?

They are a great knife. Have a few that my grandfather bought about 50 years ago, still in great condition, still hold a great edge.

I really like my Schrade Old Timer.  It keeps an edge after cutting all sorts of things including wire on occasion.  I believe Schrade went out of business now so any Old Timers I find for a reasonable price I pick up.  They're good pocket knives and hunting knives.
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.

Mopar440+6

I voted Kershaw because thats what I've been carrying for the past year. But my Victorinox knives have always been good to me. Those are the "pocket" knives but when it comes to skinning deer its all up to my Colt straight blade. And I agree with Gerber for multi-tools. Oh who am I kidding. If its got a blade on it I'll take one! ;D
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Chryco Psycho

I have always had Victorianox / Swiss Army Knives , I have the bigger 4" lockblade  , probably not the best knife   but the other tools on it are useful too

ChargerBill

They must have different blades...I can't stand serrated knives. I'll have to check them out...
Life is a highway...

SuBLimE 69

Suprised to hear the SpiderCo comments cuz I didn't like mine.  I broke the "Police" model dressing a deer.  Snapped the blade right in half prying on the ribs.  Check out the MOD knifes....pricey but top of the line IMO.

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: SuBLimE 69 on November 24, 2005, 11:18:54 AM
Suprised to hear the SpiderCo comments cuz I didn't like mine. I broke the "Police" model dressing a deer. Snapped the blade right in half prying on the ribs. Check out the MOD knifes....pricey but top of the line IMO.
Damn really?  Mine was a tough little devil...  I had one of those long Police ones, but gave it to my ex's sis when I heard she was going to go to school to be a copper :)

SuBLimE 69

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on November 24, 2005, 08:45:15 PM
Quote from: SuBLimE 69 on November 24, 2005, 11:18:54 AM
Suprised to hear the SpiderCo comments cuz I didn't like mine. I broke the "Police" model dressing a deer. Snapped the blade right in half prying on the ribs. Check out the MOD knifes....pricey but top of the line IMO.

Damn really?   Mine was a tough little devil...   I had one of those long Police ones, but gave it to my ex's sis when I heard she was going to go to school to be a copper :)
Thats the exact model I broke........