News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Did I put these rocker arms correctly?

Started by WH23G3G, August 08, 2009, 07:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

Here is one side of the rocker arm assembly. I couldn't finish the other side because JEGS shorted me one rocker arm and two bolts. They are on the way in the mail. I hope they could tell the difference between the right and left rocker arm because I was missing a right on the other side. Did I assemble this side right at least?

A383Wing

looks right to me...as long as you got the oil holes in the rocker shaft pointing towards the valves, you should be good to go

RD

hard to tell from that photo, best way is to take pictures of each cylinders rocker arms from above... secondly, just make sure you have good clearance between the pushrods and the cylinder head

but, it looks pretty good from the initial view.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

John_Kunkel

There should be a spacer ring on the shaft between each pair of rocker arms, four per side.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

A383Wing

Quote from: John_Kunkel on August 09, 2009, 03:25:39 PM

There should be a spacer ring on the shaft between each pair of rocker arms, four per side.

Looks like they are there to me

WH23G3G

I got all the spacers between each set of rocker arms. As for the oil holes on the rocker shaft I just put them facing down. The oil holes on the rocker arm are noticeable not little ones like on each individual rocker arm. I believed to be in the right order but just wanted to get second opinion.

A383Wing

Facing "down" is correct, but they are not even with the mount holes, they are about 15* offset from the mount bolts...you need to make sure those little holes that lube the rockers are more towards the valves than the intake

Do you have a service manual? Proper procedure & pictures are in there