News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Broken Lifter

Started by Jesco, August 11, 2009, 06:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesco

Is this supposed to happen!? New lifter broken in half  :RantExplode:
1964 Dodge 330 Super Stock Clon
1969 Dodge Charger R/T

firefighter3931

Nope,  that should not happen ! Time to pull all of them and start inspecting.  :scope:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Jesco

How about quality these days? Comp Cams....
1969 Dodge Charger R/T

Challenger340

Got dropped "just Right", or was this actually IN an Engine ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Jesco

In the engine... Could have been much damage but have some lucky anyway - the engine could have been destroyed.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T

firefighter3931

I've never seen one break like that.  :P How high were you revving this engine ? Any chance you were floating the valves ?

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Jesco

Probably some M*****F****** in some harbour! I found it out after first start her after shipping. I had no oil pressure, I start searching for the cause and guess what it was...
1969 Dodge Charger R/T