News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best place for drums?

Started by devilgear, July 20, 2009, 07:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilgear

I need to replace the rear drums on my 73 soon...What would the best place to get them from be? Can't seem to find much at all on them....Thanks

FLG

The70RT

Any auto parts store can get them. All your gonna find is the made in China ones. Wagner, Raybestos, Bendix are all made in China now. Wagner was the most recent to succumb to overseas manufacturing. I checked all over awhile back for hours on the internet and ended up going to went to O'riely's
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

devilgear

Well I guess I will go to Oreilys then. Dang not much on the web about them suprisingly. Most of it is disc brake conversions. Thanks for the help guys...

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

The70RT

Quote from: Foreman72 on July 21, 2009, 01:45:12 PM
NAPA

I checked their site. They show

Brake Drum - Rear

w/ 10" X 2 1/2" Brakes  NB
4401129  $47.49  

Brake Drum - Rear

w/ 11" Brakes  UP
$76.49  

Brake Drum - Rear

w/ 10" X 2 1/2" Brakes  UP
6401129  $45.49  

Brand name??? and where made???

74roadrunner440

i recantly bought a set at napa why pay the high prices and still available on good stock and can still be ordered if not on hand most people think that u have to pay the high prices from a mopar restoration comanies some parts are still availavle like brake part as i found out being im reabuilding a 834 rearend the have all brake part and springs even the ones that year one say are no longer available for the brake strut wish the sping is not longer availbale is what year one told me and so did stevens performance but wend to napa and pices them up and had plenty on hand along with all the rest of the parts the only thing i couldnt repace was the brake strutt it self give them a try first guys

devilgear

I wonder if that is per drum prices or a pair? Looks like it may be about $150 to replace the brakes. That is cool I guess. I'm gonna try to get this done this summer. They have been grinding for about 5 years now...HAHHA...

The70RT

Your
Quote from: devilgear on July 23, 2009, 11:22:10 AM
I wonder if that is per drum prices or a pair? Looks like it may be about $150 to replace the brakes. That is cool I guess. I'm gonna try to get this done this summer. They have been grinding for about 5 years now...HAHHA...

No, that is for each one.