News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Speaking of oil pans.....

Started by TylerCharger69, July 25, 2009, 06:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerCharger69

The oil pan on my new 440 is stamped "933"  and the one on the original 383 is stamped "402".  The 440 pan is kinda toasted and I wondered if the 402 would fit without any troubles.....There is a windage tray on the 440 if that makes a difference....Thanks all....Ace

firefighter3931

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on July 25, 2009, 06:29:02 PM
The oil pan on my new 440 is stamped "933"  and the one on the original 383 is stamped "402".  The 440 pan is kinda toasted and I wondered if the 402 would fit without any troubles.....There is a windage tray on the 440 if that makes a difference....Thanks all....Ace

Sure, the 402 will swap over no problem....i would use the pickup that matches the 402 pan and the windage tray.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

TylerCharger69

Well...now there are differences in the oil pick up tubes....the 440 one has a pretty straight shaft as the 383 pick up tube has kind of a curvy shaft....I think it may be shorter????  But I'm definately using the windage tray!!!  Thanks for the info so far!!!

y3chargerrt

I have the original 402 pan and pick up in my 69 and the pick up tube has a bend in it.

TylerCharger69

firefighter3931

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on July 25, 2009, 08:49:52 PM
Well...now there are differences in the oil pick up tubes....the 440 one has a pretty straight shaft as the 383 pick up tube has kind of a curvy shaft....I think it may be shorter????  But I'm definately using the windage tray!!!  Thanks for the info so far!!!

Yep, those pans use different oil pickups....so match the pickup to the pan. It will bolt onto your 440.....no worries.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

TylerCharger69

Thanks again guys.....This forum is the bomb!!!  Everybody helping each other.....ya don't find that very easy these days unless there is a dollar amount behind it.  It be nice to have some sort of event where all members of this forum could congregate for a weekend.  Cheers to all of ya!!! :cheers: