News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So a buddy of mine that I've been training...

Started by jb666, July 22, 2009, 09:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Sent me this message tonight.. I laughed my ass off for a while reading this one.. It's funny in a Dennis Miller kinda way.

Dude you saved my ass.  At 19 I had gotten comfortable to accept my disgusting shape and be like everyone else.  If it wasn't for you, I never would have finally pulled that smoldering spark of hatred into a full blown inferno of self loathing and determination and start working out full time and not the half ass infrequent shit all these other ass hats do. 

:rofl: :rofl:

I guess he likes his workout!!  :lol:

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Blown70

Good to hear, I do some powerlifting and bodybuilding myself.....

skip68

Jeff teaches modern dance and has worked with some pretty big stars.   :2thumbs:  Patrick Swayze, Celine Dion, Madona and others.    :boogie: :dance:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mikesbbody

Your wrong Skip, Jeff teaches pilates  :smilielol: (just kidding Jeff)

bigred68

Yup,  This seems like the place to ask, Jeff, what do you do for a living? I don't mean to blow smoke, but man you've got just the coolest stuff! (and expensive!) :2thumbs:
:cheers:

jb666

Quote from: Silver R/T on July 22, 2009, 10:28:02 PM
you're gym coach/personal trainer?

I do/did/can, but the situation I'm referring to here is just a favor I'm doing for a buddy..   I spent 9 years in competitive powerlifting, won many shows, got way too into it, but my 605 bench was more important to me than my health, so I took it to the extreme... Now I'm all about eating, training and living healthy.

Quote from: mikesbbody on July 23, 2009, 01:16:37 AM
Your wrong Skip, Jeff teaches pilates  :smilielol: (just kidding Jeff)
:slap:

Quote from: Blown70 on July 22, 2009, 10:29:13 PM
Good to hear, I do some powerlifting and bodybuilding myself.....

Very cool!! It's a great hobby to have, as long as you don't go too crazy.. I graduated high school at 155 lbs. A year out of school I was introduced to the gym and never looked back. I peaked at 275 lbs during my powerlifting days and thought it was great... I mean, 21" arms were the thing to have, right? Wrong.. I had my head up my ass for many years and was ignorant of what I was really doing to my body, inside and out. Now I've gone from 252 (March 2009) to 202 and am feeling better than I have since I was 18.. I will never get back into that, I'd rather look good now than worry about lifting a UPS truck off the ground.. So I train light/moderate weight and rep to the moon...

Quote from: bigred68 on July 23, 2009, 09:48:23 AM
Yup,  This seems like the place to ask, Jeff, what do you do for a living? I don't mean to blow smoke, but man you've got just the coolest stuff! (and expensive!) :2thumbs:
:cheers:

I actually work with computers. I got in with my current employer in the peak of the .COM days. They continued to do well, built a solid business that withstood the collapse of the .COM days, and I've been there since.. They take good care of me, and I'm fortunate enough to have purchased a home when prices weren't crazy, so life is good... I'm at the stage in life where my kids (2 girls, 17 and 20) are grown, so I'm playing now.. I was good until they were about 14, then I started to enjoy myself a bit (speaking in regards to toys...).

I actually have no business with a couple of the toys I have now, as space is becoming a serious problem.. I'm beginning to panic about where to put everything once the General comes home....

skip68

:think:   Any pictures of the 2 girls Jeff ?  :drool5:   :shruggy:     JK...   Parking,   :scratchchin:    I hate to say this because I know you love the car but, I would put the Charger in the garage before the Vette.   :Twocents:   Or are you out of room in the driveway ?   You could ship the General to me and I'll keep it safe for you.    :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mopar_nut_440_6

What type of IT work do you do Jeff? I work as a senior systems analyst in health care.
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

jb666

First, this video just reminded me of this thread for some reason. You'll get a kick out of it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qVJR4Pg9zU

Quote from: mopar_nut_440_6 on July 24, 2009, 12:17:44 AM
What type of IT work do you do Jeff? I work as a senior systems analyst in health care.

It's a great field to be in, if you can find a secure company. A good friend of mine is a SR Network Tech at MIT. He's been there for 20 years and actually got me into the field way back when. 

System Administration isn't my only job duty, it's just what I put on paper. We are a fairly small company with solid financial background, and I've been able to secure my position by getting involved in various aspects of the business over the years, allowing them to be able to downsize without fear of re-hiring.  So do I have one job title? I began 12 years ago as the Network Admin, now it's just what ever I have to do to survive. I enjoy my job, have a 5 minute drive to get there, and have a good group working with me.

Blown70

FLG

Quote from: jb666 on July 24, 2009, 01:43:56 PM
First, this video just reminded me of this thread for some reason. You'll get a kick out of it!!

It's a great field to be in, if you can find a secure company. A good friend of mine is a SR Network Tech at MIT. He's been there for 20 years and actually got me into the field way back when. 

System Administration isn't my only job duty, it's just what I put on paper. We are a fairly small company with solid financial background, and I've been able to secure my position by getting involved in various aspects of the business over the years, allowing them to be able to downsize without fear of re-hiring.  So do I have one job title? I began 12 years ago as the Network Admin, now it's just what ever I have to do to survive. I enjoy my job, have a 5 minute drive to get there, and have a good group working with me.

HAHA!

Job sounds cool. Im studying Net Com at the moment, less than a year to go!!! Also on my final CCNA course!

Been doing the PC Technician thing since 2002'ish. Pretty much a side job thing for me until i can find a job in the field. Work out of the house alot of it is just home consumers though i have done some work for businesses.

jb666

Quote from: FLG on July 24, 2009, 07:02:28 PM
Quote from: jb666 on July 24, 2009, 01:43:56 PM

HAHA!

Job sounds cool. Im studying Net Com at the moment, less than a year to go!!! Also on my final CCNA course!

Been doing the PC Technician thing since 2002'ish. Pretty much a side job thing for me until i can find a job in the field. Work out of the house alot of it is just home consumers though i have done some work for businesses.

Well Frank, from what I've seen/heard of you, you are well on your way to a bright future.. You DEFINITELY have your head on straight, are extremely ambitious, and know how to get what you want.  :cheers: :cheers: