News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Data base for new Challies?

Started by b5blue, July 21, 2009, 08:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

OK now that they are out and about is anyone starting a data base of all the little details we MoPar Nuts are so fond of ? You know paint and crayon inspection marks, tags, documenting how good or bad things fit....it dawned on me that just like in 1969 we can't wait to add our own flair to these cars and now is the time to collect all the info you will want 40 years from now to do a perfect restoration! A great idea in my book would be to get access to the people on the assembly line and get there experiences and photos or whatever now. Is there a registry yet? :shruggy:

Ghoste

You are ahead of the curve aren't you?  I haven't heard of any registries for them yet but their must be some kind of group for them, they had them up for the new Charger fairly quickly.

xs29j8Bullitt

After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

b5blue

Some of the most discussed details of our cars are the very early production ones....funny I thought by now I would run into a person or two that was determined to preserve there car "as delivered".  :scratchchin: 

Chatt69chgr

Ted Stephens of Stephens Performance did that with at least one of his new Challengers.  When it rolled off the carrier, nobody was allowed to touch it for two days while he meticulously went over it with a fine tooth comb photographing every mark and using tweezers to pull off the little paper stickers which were put in little plastic jars.  Every item of packaging, every little piece of foam, plastic wrap, etc was saved and preserved.

Ghoste

I do know one guy like that.  He bought two of the first edition SRT's (must be nice huh?) so that one is for limited driving and the other is his B-J get stupid rich in 20 years plan I guess.

b5blue

So it is happening!  :2thumbs: Jeeze I'm hoping I can get one (beat up) 6-7 years from now to play with....bought 2 WOW! Thanks Guys!

Ghoste

He isn't even a what most would call a wealthy man.  He owns nothing else really and had no other debt so he went into deep hock for the two cars and now works LOTS of overtime.