News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

brake shoes who re-lines them?

Started by charge-it, July 21, 2009, 12:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charge-it

I just removed an original set of 11x2 1/2 rear brake shoes from my Charger. These are the original pentastar stamped shoes and have about 34,000 miles on them. Is the a source for  having these shoes relined that can be trusted? I don't want to send my original shoes in to be relined and recieve a different set in return, I want my original pentastar stamped shoes back.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

Aero426

White Post Restorations can do it.

moparguy01

white post can do it, but be prepared to open the ol' wallet wide.
try some local trucking repair places, alot of them reline shoes

Todd Wilson

I know of a place in Wichita Kansas that would do it. I took my rear shoes off my old Dodge truck over there.  They looked at the shoes and went to the back and brought out a fresh set. Said we could swap or if I wanted my shoes redone I could leave them and come back in a week.   I paid I think right around 120$ for the new shoes. That was 3 or so years ago.

Todd

70426rtse

I had the same thing to deal with on my original 11in rear shoes. A place called Minneapolis Brake Warehouse has a service to do it. Very quick turn around too. Cost like $40-50 IIRC. very pleased with mine... bonded just like original.
They also do wheel cylinders and Master cyl. I had them do my rear brake whl cylinders because I could not find ANY replacements with the correct size mounting bolt holes (all replacements have the smaller mounting bolts).