News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pinion Snubber MP

Started by Jesco, July 26, 2009, 03:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesco

Hi,
I have had very good result with the adjustable pinion snubber on the track with my charger.
Now I thinking to install one on my 64 Dodge 330 to.
I have a Mopar Performance on my 69 charger - anyone knows about the pinion snubber from American Muscle http://americanmuscle.carshopinc.com/product_info.php/products_id/74336/23502

Thanks!
1964 Dodge 330 Super Stock Clon
1969 Dodge Charger R/T

Ghoste

I've run both and that threaded one is the one I use now and it's the one I much prefer of the two styles.

HPP

The american muscle version does offer much better adjustability since it is a threaed shaft instead of an indexed shaft.

BTW, I have a brand new one listed in the for sale section for a much better price than you will find online anywhere else.

BBKNARF

I agree the threaded snubber is great, more of a fine tune adjustment.
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

Jesco

Funny, when I had my new car on the lifter for the first time yesterday I saw that a MP pinion snubber was mounted there. So I dont need to buy one.
I will check how close I could adjust it. On my Charger I needed to drill a new hole for best adjustment.

Thanks!
1964 Dodge 330 Super Stock Clon
1969 Dodge Charger R/T