News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question: Correct 1968 charger tail panel 'Charger' emblem?

Started by StockMan, July 13, 2009, 10:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StockMan

This is a non-RT car.  I have two holes positioned to the left side of the tail panel (when looking toward the back of the car).  They are about 6-7 inches apart or so.  The emblems I have, which I swear came off the car, are one 'Charger' piece with two mounting studs, and another 'Arrow' emblem, with two mounting studs.  These look similar to the ones on the grill but slightly smaller.  Does anyone know if the tail panel emblem for the 68 is one piece, with the arrow section build onto the emblem? 

TylerCharger69

I know the '69 is one piece....but not too sure about the '68.  I would imagine they would be the same, but not sure.  Someone will post up who knows

Troy

They are two separate emblems. Here's the best pic I could dig up at the moment:

I don't have anything handy that shows the holes real well.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

StockMan

Thanks for the pic.  This is what I've been seeing, but oddly enough, I have the two holes just off center to the right.  There doesn't appear to be any other holes, especially under the trunk lock.  The car had original paint before I started the restoration so I can't imagine that the holes would have been filled??

UFO

Do you mean there are extra holes left after installing the emblems?
Maybe the dealership put their nameplate beside the charger emblems.

StockMan

You are right, it appears that the dealer drilled the two additional holes, I did end up finding the holes for the charger emblems under the lock.  Its unfortunate that I didn't fill these dealer holes before painting the car.  I went along thinking there were more emblems.  It would't be so bad if they were in the mat black area, but they are in the colored area.  Thanks for your comments.