News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

E-brake doesn't lock

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 13, 2009, 01:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Since I normally never use the E-brake when having an automatic I have propably never used it on my charger. Now when I'm restoring it
and fixed the complete setup with the cables and pedal I discovered it doesn't stay in downposition when you pull the pedal :brickwall: :brickwall:
Is there anything to be done about my pedal or should I look for another one? :scratchchin:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Neal_J

Are you saying there's insufficient tension in the cable to engage the pedal's rachet?  If so, tighten the cable under the car, the adjuster is afront of the driver's rear wheel.   Hope that's it - it's an easy fix.

Hemidog

Check the pedal itself, the lock that slides over the notches and stops it when you let go of the pedal is probably stuck.

Belgium R/T -68

Will check these things tomorrow, thanks. :cheers: Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to sandblast it?

Per

TylerCharger69

Sandblasted?   Maybe perhaps there might be some sand grains stuck in there not allowing the mechanism to return?? :shruggy:

mjwebb

not sure if your situation is apples/apples with mine, but on my 70 when depressing the e-brake I have to push in on the relaese lever and it stays on...if I just depress the pedal it bounces back....noticed a spring on the floor one day too.....just one of many quirky things on my car that sometimes makes me tired of old $h!t...lol...at times I just wish for a new Challenger, and then I go a mile or two down to the store and have people honking, thumbs up and clamoring around it and I smile and say...Oh Yeah!

Hemidog

I sandblasted mine, just make sure you get all the sand out of it  :yesnod:

Belgium R/T -68

Some siliconespray and a rubberhammer and it works again. :2thumbs:

Per