News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Prices for a Dyno tune-up

Started by 68X426, July 10, 2009, 01:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

I've not had my Hemi on a dyno. I'm liking the idea of getting a base line figure for it. Besides, everyone asks for the numbers and I can only make a joke for now, :shruggy: so it's due to get on the dyno.

What is a typical price for dyno work? They quote $135 total for three runs. Reasonable?

What about a price for a full tuning? They quote $125 hourly, expect three hours of work, parts extra, and include three runs on the dyno at no charge. Reasonable?

We feel like the motor is tuning is good, but can certainly be tweeked. Is it worth it?

Lastly, is there anything I should do to prep, or just take her in as is? And what can I expect the result of the professional tuning to be?

It is a very reputable shop, well regarded and recommended.

Thanks, Dan.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

bull

That price sounds pretty good to me but that's only because my shop quoted me $500 just for a dyno read IIRC.

ChgrSteve67

The last time I put my charger on a Dyno was here
http://svsrnd.com/
They are in Sacramento on Fulton Ave

SVS is actually two businesses, the front business is a Volvo repair shop and the building behind it is the R&D department that works on lots of high performance muscle cars. New and Old.

Good group of guys and very knowledgable.

I would take your ride by and let them see your setup, talk to them about what they can do for you and then when your ready setup a time.

Price for the Dyno time was $125 an hour. Dyno tuning is usually a higher rate plus parts.

Bad news is they are not open on weekends.

68X426

Thanks guys for the replies and the referral in Sacramento.

Anyone else out there that can share an experience?

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow