News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Throttle Body Fuel Injection

Started by hemirr, June 12, 2009, 08:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemirr

Has anyone tried any of the throttle body fuel injection kits on a big block?  I would really like to have the drivability and throttle response they offer but a its lot of money to try an "experiment"

Rolling_Thunder

I have seen it done...       
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

hemirr

I know it can be done just want to know how well it works.  Saw a town and country wagon at cruse night with a 426 hemi and throttle body injection.  I want to know if any one has put it on a 440

Mike DC

Honestly I wouldn't do it if the car was mine. 

The throttle-body setup is better than a carb, yes.  But IMHO getting the control metered at each cylinder is half the reason to go to EFI. 

The pains in the butt with EFI are mainly the hi-pressure fuel system and the electronic tuning.  Once you've gone that far already, poking some holes in the intake manifold for the injectors isn't much more work. 

Chryco Psycho

if you are going to do an EFI system I would do a multi port injection using the Victor intake which is supplied drilled for injectors & comes with rails & hold down brackets

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 14, 2009, 06:34:02 PM
if you are going to do an EFI system I would do a multi port injection using the Victor intake which is supplied drilled for injectors & comes with rails & hold down brackets

Yep....     I have one of those relaxing on my shelf with 36lb injectors with an MSD throttle Body      :scratchchin:   Been debating on selling it
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

kamkuda

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 14, 2009, 06:34:02 PM
I am in the middle of this right now.  You can see the victor intake holea
Procharger set up thus the elbow and single blade throttle body