News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Harve Presnell

Started by FightingSideOfMe, July 01, 2009, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FightingSideOfMe

Harve Presnell Has Died. He played "Daddy Warbucks" on Annie. Why is everyone dying? RIP
I love Chargers

Ponch ®

Quote from: FightingSideOfMe on July 01, 2009, 04:44:51 PM
Harve Presnell Has Died. He played "Daddy Warbucks" on Annie. Why is everyone dying? RIP

Ok, now we're getting a little carried away with the "_____ died" threads. People die every day. I mean, how obscure can it get?  I mean, if the guy who played Mr. Belding's assistant in Saved by The Bell dies...are we gonna have a thread about it too?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

mikepmcs

You could possibly argue that TK Carter(Character name Milo Williams) on the first 2 seasons of Saved By the Bell could possibly be Mr Belding's assistant, but that would be a great stretch.  Now during the run of the most widely recognized Saved By the Bell years, Mr Belding did not have an assistant.

Well in 1993 "Saved By The Bell: The New Class" was born and it ran until 2000.  It was ailing in the early stages and they brought in none other than Samuel "Screech" Powers(Dustin Diamond) in 1994 to liven up the show.  He was cast as...you guessed it......"Mr Beldings assistant" so...."YES" is the answer to your last question.

If Dustin Diamond were to pass away, I believe the odds are very good that there would be a thread immediately posted stating "Screech" from Saved by the Bell, just died  or something very close.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

73chgrSE

Ponch ®

Quote from: mikepmcs on July 01, 2009, 05:07:08 PM
You could possibly argue that TK Carter(Character name Milo Williams) on the first 2 seasons of Saved By the Bell could possibly be Mr Belding's assistant, but that would be a great stretch.  Now during the run of the most widely recognized Saved By the Bell years, Mr Belding did not have an assistant.

Well in 1993 "Saved By The Bell: The New Class" was born and it ran until 2000.  It was ailing in the early stages and they brought in none other than Samuel "Screech" Powers(Dustin Diamond) in 1994 to liven up the show.  He was cast as...you guessed it......"Mr Beldings assistant" so...."YES" is the answer to your last question.

If Dustin Diamond were to pass away, I believe the odds are very good that there would be a thread immediately posted stating "Screech" from Saved by the Bell, just died  or something very close.

v/r
Mike

Obviously I meant the black guy, TK Carter. If I'd been talking about Screech I would have said "the guy who played Mr. Belding's assistant in Saved by The Bell: The New Class dies..". Duh..... :lol:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

mikepmcs

:lol:

Touche'   well played my good sir, well played. :cheers: :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Neal_J

Add Karl Malden's body to the stack of the recently dead....

bull

How about we just post a complete list of notable deaths dating back to June 15th?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recent_deaths

July 2009

Alexis Argüello, 57, Nicaraguan boxer and politician, mayor of Managua, suspected suicide. [1]
Karl Malden, 97, American Academy Award-winning actor, (On the Waterfront, A Streecar Named Desire), natural causes. [2]
Andree Layton Roaf, 68, American jurist, first African American woman on Arkansas Supreme Court. [3]
Mollie Sugden, 86, British actress (Are You Being Served?), natural causes. [4]
Lyudmila Zykina, 80, Russian singer, People's Artist of the USSR, cardiac arrest. [5]

June 2009

Pina Bausch, 68, German modern dance choreographer, cancer. [6]
Richard Brown, 47, American trade unionist, president of the NFFE (1998–2009). [7]
Paquito Cordero, 77, Puerto Rican actor, comedian and producer, respiratory disease. [8]
Ernst Leuenberger, 64, Swiss politician, cancer. [9] (German)
James F. McNulty, Jr., 83, American politician, U.S. Representative from Arizona (1983–1985), parkinson's disease. [10]
Gordon Olson, 84, American academic, President of Minot State University (1967-1992). [11]
Harve Presnell, 75, American actor, pancreatic cancer. [12]
Joan Wiffen, 87, New Zealand paleontologist. [13]
Yaroslav Yaroshenko, 63, Russian newspaper editor, traumatic brain injury from beating. [14]

Dave Batters, 39, Canadian politician, MP for Palliser (2004–2008), suicide. [15]
Sheila Cloney, 83, Irish parent, central figure in the Fethard Boycott. [16]
Mohammad Hoqouqi, 72, Iranian poet, cirrhosis. [17]
Glen Nicoll, 53, Canadian farm writer and photojournalist, brain cancer. [18]
Bob Petteys, 87, American newspaper publisher (Sterling Journal-Advocate). [19]
Pauline Picard, 62, Canadian politician, MP for Drummond (1993–2008), lung cancer. [20] (French)
Jan Rubes, 89, Czech-born Canadian actor and opera singer, stroke. [21]

Manthos Athineos, 84, Greek shadow play artist, stroke. [22] (Greek)
Terry Black, 62, Canadian singer, multiple sclerosis. [23]
Huibert Boumeester, 49, Dutch financier, former CFO of ABN Amro, shot. [24]
Josep Maria Guix Ferreres, 81, Spanish Roman Catholic prelate, Archbishop of Vic (1983–2003). [25] (Spanish)
Rita Keane, 86, Irish singer. [26]
A. K. Lohithadas, 54, Indian screenwriter and film director, heart attack. [27]
Billy Mays, 50, American pitchman and television host (Pitchmen), hypertensive heart disease. [28].
Fred Travalena, 66, American comedian and impressionist, non-Hodgkin lymphoma. [29]
Lucia Lauria Vigna, 113, Italian supercentenarian, oldest person in Europe. [30] (French)
Yu Hyun-mok, 83, South Korean film director, complications from stroke. [31]

Levent Akın, 50, Turkish journalist, car accident. [32] (Turkish)
Frank Barlow, 98, British historian. [33]
Victoriano Crémer, 102, Spanish poet and journalist, natural causes. [34]
Mary Lou Forbes, 83, American journalist, Pulitzer Prize winner (1959), cancer. [35]
Spiros Kalogirou, 87, Greek actor, encephalitis. [36] (Greek)
Willy Kyrklund, 88, Finnish-born Swedish author. [37] (Swedish)
Nanae Nagata, 53, Japanese marathon runner, colorectal cancer. [38]
Fayette Pinkney, 61, American musician (The Three Degrees), after short illness. [39]
Gale Storm, 87, American actress (My Little Margie, The Gale Storm Show). [40]
Jackie Washington, 89, Canadian blues musician, complications from a heart attack. [41]

Jo Amar, 79, Moroccan-born Israeli singer. [42]
Homer Delawie, 81, American architect, Parkinson's disease. [43]
Neera Desai, 84, Indian academic, professor of women's studies, cancer. [44]
Amnon Kapeliouk, 78, Israeli journalist and author. [45]

Andres Cascioli, 72, Argentine cartoonist, cancer. [46]
Don Coldsmith, 83, American western author, stroke. [47]
Farrah Fawcett, 62, American actress (Charlie's Angels), anal cancer. [48]
Morton Gottlieb, 88, American Broadway theatre producer, Tony Award winner (1971), natural causes. [49]
James Baker Hall, 74, American poet and academic, Kentucky Poet Laureate (2001-2003), natural causes. [50]
Michael Jackson, 50, American pop singer–songwriter, cardiac arrest. [51]
Clifton Johnson, 67, American jurist, North Carolina Superior Court (1978-1982) and Court of Appeals (1982-1996). [52]
Sylvia Levin, 91, American civic and voter registration activist, stroke. [53]
Shiv Charan Mathur, 83, Indian politician, Governor of Assam since 2008, Chief Minister of Rajasthan (1988–1989), cardiac arrest. [54]
Mian Tufail Mohammad, 95, Pakistani politician, cerebral hemorrhage. [55]
Bela Mukherjee, 89, Indian singer, widow of singer and composer Hemanta Mukherjee, natural causes. [56]
Kaleem Omar, 72, Pakistani poet and journalist, heart failure. [57]
Sky Saxon, 71, American rock musician (The Seeds), heart failure. [58]
Zinaida Stagurskaya, 38, Belarusian cyclist, road accident. [59]
Anil Wilson, 62, Indian educator, Principal of St. Stephen's College, Delhi (1991–2007), pancreatic cancer. [60]
Yasmine, 37, Belgian singer and television presenter, suicide by hanging. [61]

Irv Homer, 85, American talk show host, heart attack. [62]
Olja Ivanjicki, 78, Serbian painter. [63]
Tim Krekel, 58, American guitarist and songwriter, cancer. [64]
Robèrt Lafont, 87, French academic. [65] (French)
Roméo LeBlanc, 81, Canadian politician (1973–1994), Governor General (1995–1999), Alzheimer's disease. [66]
Robert B. Pamplin, 97, American executive, President of Georgia-Pacific (1957–1976). [67]
Ed Thomas, 58, American football coach, NFL High School Football Coach of the Year (2005), shot. [68]

bull

Thurman Adams, Jr., 80, American politician, member of the Delaware Senate since 1972, pancreatic cancer. [69]
Raymond Berthiaume, 78, Canadian jazz musician, singer and record producer, cancer. [70] (French)
Phyllis Busansky, 72, American politician, county commissioner and supervisor of elections (Hillsborough County, Florida). [71]
John Callaway, 72, American journalist (Chicago Tonight), heart attack. [72]
Harold H. Carstens, 84, American magazine publisher. [73]
Gegham Ghandilyan, 35, Armenian actor, car accident. [74]
İsmet Güney, 77, Cypriot artist and cartoonist, designed flag of the Republic of Cyprus, cancer. [75] (Greek)
Hanne Hiob, 86, German actress, daughter of poet and playwright Bertolt Brecht. [76] (German)
Johny Joseph, 45, Haitian news presenter, cancer. [77] (French)
Thomas M. King, 80, American Roman Catholic priest and theologian, expert on Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, heart attack. [78]
Matthieu Matondo Mateya, 54, Congolese actor, complications from appendicectomy. [79] (French)
Ed McMahon, 86, American television host (Star Search) and announcer (The Tonight Show). [80]
Aram Miskaryan, 36, Armenian actor, car accident. [81]
Jerri Nielsen, 57, American physician, treated herself for breast cancer on Antarctica in 1999, breast cancer. [82]
Manuel Saval, 53, Mexican actor, laryngeal cancer. [83] (Spanish)
Jackie Swindells, 72, British footballer. [84]
Steven Wells, 49, British journalist and author, cancer. [85]

Betty Allen, 82, American opera singer, kidney disease. [86]
Bert Bank, 94, American radio pioneer and politician, Bataan Death March survivor. [87]
Antonio Fernandes de Castro, 111, Portuguese supercentenarian. [88]
Gilda Galán, Puerto Rican actress. [89] (Spanish)
Alec Gallup, 81, American pollster, chairman of the Gallup Poll, heart disease. [90]
June Gordon, Marchioness of Aberdeen and Temair, 95, British musician and patron of the arts. [91]
Maj-Len Grönholm, 57, Finnish politician and beauty queen, councilwoman, Miss Finland (1972), cancer. [92] (Finnish)
Keijo Komppa, 81, Finnish actor, Pro Finlandia award winner (1991). [93] (Swedish)
Billy Red Lyons, 77, Canadian professional wrestler, cancer. [94]
Eddie Preston, 80, American jazz trumpeter. [95]
Steve Race, 88, British broadcaster and musician. [96]
Philip Simmons, 97, American blacksmith. [97]
Karel Van Miert, 67, Belgian politician, European Commissioner (1989–1999), cardiac arrest resulting in fall. [98]
Sam B. Williams, 88, American engineer and inventor. [99]

Lorena Gale, 51, Canadian actress (Battlestar Galactica) and playwright, gastrointestinal cancer. [100]
José Nicomedes Grossi, 93, Brazilian Roman Catholic prelate, Bishop of Bom Jesus da Lapa (1962-1990). [101] (Portuguese)
Arthur Luft, 94, Manx politician and deemster. [102]

Neda Agha-Soltan, 26, Iranian student, shot. [103]
Roseanne Allen, 55, Canadian Olympic cross-country skier. [104]
Colin Bean, 82, British actor (Dad's Army). [105]
Aldo Gargani, 76, Italian philosopher. [106] (Italian)
Nazir Jairazbhoy, 81, British-born American ethnomusicologist. [107]
Patrick Kombayi, 70, Zimbabwean politician and businessman, complications from 1990 shooting. [108]
Anne Roberts Nelson, 86, American television executive (CBS), natural causes. [109]
Godfrey Rampling, 100, British athlete, 1936 Olympic relay champion, NATO commander, father of actress Charlotte Rampling. [110]
Kenneth L. Reusser, 89, American Marine aviator, decorated veteran of World War II, Korean and Vietnam Wars. [111]

Izzat Abdullah, 45, Iraqi karate coach, shot. [112]
Alberto Andrade, 65, Peruvian politician, pulmonary fibrosis. [113] (Spanish)
Giovanni Arrighi, 71, Italian economist. [114] (Italian)
Sir Derrick Bailey, 90, British cricketer and baronet, son of diamond tycoon and politician Sir Abe Bailey. [115]
Karyn de Laine Bennett-Lund, 57, American-born Norwegian television presenter. [116] (Norwegian)
H. A. Boucher, 88, American politician, first elected Lieutenant Governor of Alaska (1970–1974). [117]
Ron Crocombe, 79, New Zealand academic (University of the South Pacific), heart attack. [118]
Vicente Ferrer Moncho, 89, Spanish philanthropist. [119]
Shelly Gross, 88, American Broadway producer, bladder cancer. [120]
Jörg Hube, 65, German actor, cancer. [121] (German)
Gary Papa, 54, American television sportscaster (WPVI-TV), prostate cancer. [122]
Ken Roberts, 99, American actor and announcer, pneumonia. [123]
Herschel Rosenthal, 91, American politician, member of the California Senate (1982–1998). [124]
Bob Schuler, 66, American politician, member of the Ohio Senate since 2002, cancer. [125]
Stan Sismey, 92, Australian cricketer. [126]
Tomoji Tanabe, 113, Japanese supercentenarian, was world's oldest living man, heart failure. [127]

Omar Hashi Aden, Somali politician, Minister of Security, suicide bomb attack. [128]
Hilary J. Boone, Jr., 91, American Thoroughbred breeder and philanthropist. [129]
Hortensia Bussi, 94, Chilean First Lady (1970–1973), widow of President Salvador Allende, natural causes. [130] (Spanish)
Sir Henry Hodge, 65, British jurist, High Court judge since 2004, acute myeloid leukaemia. [131]
IZ the Wiz, 50, American graffiti artist, heart attack. [132]
Ali Akbar Khan, 87, Indian sarod player, kidney failure. [133]

Joji Banuve, 69, Fijian politician, Minister for Local Government and the Environment, after short illness. [134]
Charles A. Barkley, 59, Canadian politician, Mayor of South Dundas, Ontario. [135]
José Calvário, 58, Portuguese maestro and orchestrator, complications from heart attack. [136]
Ralf Dahrendorf, Baron Dahrendorf, 80, German-born British sociologist and politician, cancer. [137]
Alejandro Doria, 72, Argentine film director, pneumonia. [138] (Spanish)
Eon, 55, British musician, complications from pneumonia. [139]
Oscar Ferreiro, 63, Argentine actor, after short illness. [140]
José Ignacio García Hamilton, 65, Argentine politician and historian. [141]
Wayne L. Horvitz, 88, American labor mediator, cancer. [142]
John Houghtaling, 92, American businessman and inventor (Magic Fingers vibrating bed), complications from a fall. [143]
Derek Lacey, 67, British football commentator (BBC Radio Cumbria), stroke. [144]
Fernando Peña, 46, Uruguayan comedian and actor, liver cancer. [145]
Darrell Powers, 86, American soldier, served in the 506th Infantry Regiment (Band of Brothers), natural causes. [146]
Dusty Rhodes, 82, American baseball player (New York Giants), complications from diabetes and emphysema. [147]
Hal Riddle, 89, American character actor. [148]
Ali Said, Somali public servant, chief of police (Mogadishu), shot. [149]
Perry Salles, 70, Brazilian actor, lung cancer. [150] (Portuguese)
Shacky Tauro, 49, Zimbabwean footballer, after short illness. [151]
Tony Wong, 60, Canadian politician. [152]

John Anthony, 76, British Olympic shooter, pneumonia and colorectal cancer. [153]
Peter Arundell, 75, British racing driver, pulmonary fibrosis. [154]
Douglas Bunn, 81, British barrister and horse breeder, founder and chairman of the All England Jumping Course. [155]
Emmanuel Constant, 81, Haitian Roman Catholic prelate, Bishop of Les Gonaïves (1966–2003). [156] (French)
Paul A. Fino, 95, American politician, U.S. Representative from New York (1953–1968). [157]
Charlie Mariano, 85, American jazz alto saxophonist. [158] (German)

George Belotti, 74, American football player, complications of a stroke. [159]
Antonio Bianco, 57, South African diamond cutter, cancer. [160]
Helen Boosalis, 89, American politician, Mayor of Lincoln, Nebraska (1975–1983), brain tumor. [161]
Allan King, 79, Canadian film director (Warrendale, Termini Station, Silence of the North), brain tumor. [162]
Joseph Klifa, 78, French politician, Mayor of Mulhouse (1981–1989). [163] (French)
Desmond Moran, 60, Australian criminal, member of Moran family, shot. [164]
Carolyn Pfeifer-Horchow, 75, American fashion designer and entrepreneur, cancer. [165]
Ted Tanabe, 46, Japanese professional wrestling referee, heart attack. [166]

dodgecharger-fan

Kaleem Omar died? Damn.  :'(

Khyron

ohh man, and Carolyn Pfeifer-Horchow too!

what a world what a world!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

bigred68

Note to self: Do not become Russian news paper editor!! Sheesh! Honestly though, it seems maybe we as a society are way to fascinated with death.  :shruggy:
Kinda' neat list though,thanks!
:cheers:

John_Kunkel

Interest in the death of personalities varies, the passing of Harve Presnell (loved him in Fargo) is of more interest to me then that of Michael Jackson.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

moparstuart

I new him as Big ed in the nick cage movie ( family man )  christmas style  it's a wonderful life remake .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE