News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Air cleaner style on a 67 440

Started by Spartan, November 16, 2005, 08:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

I was thinking of redoing an air cleaner for my dad for christmas sinse he liked the way mine came out last year.   What did the style of the air cleaner look like on a 67 charger 440?

Thanks,
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Ghoste

I believe there may have been more than one (maybe not).  But I do know I have pics.  Let me find them and get some up here for you.

Spartan

Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Ghoste

I'll have to scan something for you.  I just did a quick check through photos on my pc and I thought I had some but there aren't.

8WHEELER

Several 67 models most with HP engines, and early 68 HP engines had a larger air cleaner than the
late 68 and 69 stile unsilenced are cleaners with no snorkels. But the larger air cleaners are also
unsilenced and very hard to find and then big bucks.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Ghoste

Should it not be a dual snorkel on the 67"s?

8WHEELER

The performance engines came either way in 67. I was just giving him that option because the
unsilenced air cleaner is better for performance, getting air from all the way around the air cleaner.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Spartan

I think the dual snorkle may be what he is looking for.  On the other 67 he has, the 4bbl carb on that has a really small air cleaner but he thought it was wrong for the car. 

Thanks guys.

Headrope

I use a print out from this site to identify engines when I'm out in yards: http://www.nicksgarage.com/aircleaner.htm

Think of it as a year-by-year air cleaner identification system. There's good pie tin information in there too.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

Ghoste

Good link Headrope.  That guy has a lot of info there.

67RedCharger

It came with a dual snorkel air cleaner and the snorkels are round.  Here is a pic of mine, however it didn't come with the pie tin on top saying 440 or 383 four barrell.  I cut a hole in the top of my air cleaner so that I could dress it up with the tin.  I have another air cleaner that I use in car shows where the judges get picky.
The aircleaner shown is the original air cleaner that came on "Ole Red".

~ 67RedCharger ~
Original Owner "Ole Red" 1967 Red Dodge Charger

Ghoste

If it's a 440 car though, I believe it is supposed to be oval.  Yours is a 383, is it not Don?