News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What size socket for the crank shaft pully?

Started by TruckDriver, November 18, 2005, 01:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

What size is the socket that bolts the crank pully to the crank itself? I wanted to turn the engine over a few times today so it doesn't seize up on me, but the biggest socket (1-1/8in.) I had was to small. It is a bitch doing it by hand let me tell you :P

Another question, Does it really matter which way I crank it over? Just wanna be sure, but I would think clockwise.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

golden73

I believe it is 1 1/4"

I took mine off a few weeks ago, and the biggest I had was 1 1/8"     so I'm pretty sure it was 1 1/4 that I had to borrow from a friend

BrianShaughnessy

I tossed that old thing and replaced it with an ARP crank bolt that has a 1/2" square drive so I can use a breaker bar or a big ratchet to turn things over if necessary.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

cudaken

Cuda Ken
I am back

Plumcrazy

Quote from: cudaken on November 18, 2005, 08:57:00 PM

Cuda Ken

:iagree:

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P