News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rear window molding tool

Started by rudyjrusa, June 23, 2009, 06:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudyjrusa

is there a tool used to remove the rear window molding from the clips??  and what does it look like and were can i get one??  thanks

Bob

Quote from: rudyjrusa on June 23, 2009, 06:40:45 AM
is there a tool used to remove the rear window molding from the clips??  and what does it look like and were can i get one??  thanks

If it's a 3rd gen I just did mine. Using a small flat tip, a rag and patience. I laid the rag on the car all the way up to the trim. Took the small flat tip screwdriver and inserted it into the rag and inserted the tip between the paint and trim and pried gently until it popped off the clip. Continue to work around the trim. Do not force it up or you will bend the trim. I did not scratch the paint and did not bend the trim. This is the 3rd time I did it like this.
Good luck.
Bob

rudyjrusa

it is a 3rd generation charger - thanks for the information - i thought there was a tool specifically for this??

Bob

Quote from: rudyjrusa on June 23, 2009, 09:08:29 AM
it is a 3rd generation charger - thanks for the information - i thought there was a tool specifically for this??

There may be one but the 2 body shops I talked to said there probaly is but they don't have one.

rudyjrusa

on the yearone site it is for GM cars - is there one for Mopar cars??

NHCharger

Yes Rudy that is the same tool I use to remove my rear windows, 3rd gen also. Those are available at a good parts store.

This is how I removed the trim. Lay a rag on the window so you don't scratch it, slide the hook end of the tool down between the glass and the trim, slide it along until you snag a clip, while pulling on the clip gently pull the trim up with your free hand. Might take a bit of time to get the trim off the clip, or it might come right off. Once you get the first one to pop the rest are a piece of cake.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel