News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where to go for replacement hubs?

Started by Dilberts69Charger, June 16, 2009, 08:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilberts69Charger

So I need replacement hubs for my 69 Charger. Its a 4 wheel power drum system, but the hubs are shot and whont hold the lugs properly. Year One doesnt have the hubs online. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. -Dilbert

bull

Sounds like a wrecking yard item to me but the good news is this is a pretty common part. What I don't understand though is how yours wore out? Did someone put the wrong size studs in?

Dilberts69Charger

It appears that way...got the car as a (major) project from a friend. He began a teardown for a restore 8 years ago and never made it past teardown. Lot of things so far havent made sense, but Im working with it as i go. Ill start by checking junkyards, thanks for the advice! -Dilbert

b5blue

Hey noobie! Welcome to your new home! Why not research the disk brake upgrades possible! Your going junk-yarding anyway and may walk right by some great up grade parts that are pretty cheap and much much better!  :2thumbs:

bull

Quote from: b5blue on June 19, 2009, 05:19:18 PM
Hey noobie! Welcome to your new home! Why not research the disk brake upgrades possible! Your going junk-yarding anyway and may walk right by some great up grade parts that are pretty cheap and much much better!  :2thumbs:

:iagree:
Why didn't I think of that? Heck yea. Get rid of those drums up front at least and get yourself a disc brake swap. New rotors come with new hubs and there's probably 89 threads about disc brake swaps on this site.