News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'71 6pk Kickdown Linkage

Started by JohnnyBee, June 07, 2009, 05:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyBee

Can anyone help me with some images of the Kickdown Linkage on a '71 sixpack setup?

thanks
johnny

71superbee

John
       I looked in my 71 Parts Catalog and didn't see anything specific to what you want. If I can help or you need a certain page emailed to you, I can do that.     71superbee.com/Rick_Garland

Rick

Ghoste

Does this work?

JohnnyBee

Quote from: Ghoste on June 07, 2009, 09:56:56 AM
Does this work?

It helps a little, but it does not look like what I think the '71's are. But thanks.

Rick, thanks to you too.

Ghoste

I took it from the 71 factory shop manual but that doesn't always mean anything.  It looks to be a one piece rod from the pic but I don't know if thats correct for a 71 Six Pack or not.  I bet John Kunkel or maxwellwedge know.

b5blue

You can build one with 2bbl parts....it may not be "correct" for restoration but it will work.

maxwellwedge

The '71 used the "one-piece" kick-down linkage like the one in the photo Ghoste posted

b5blue

Well now I just learned something! I thought they were all the same for big blocks. The guy I bought my six pack from "put one together" for me and it works great. So are there other differences from 70 other than that and the funky vacuum advance pod?(he asks, not trying to high jack this topic!) 

maxwellwedge

The 71 uses the one piece rod to the trans without the swivel on the trans. It has that flat metal linkage on the carb throttle stud and that hinged pivot on the intake. It looks very similar to the 70 340-6 linkage. The 71 440-6 uses the vacuum retard energized can on the distributor. The carbs have different list numbers and the center carb has the bowl vent line that goes back to the gas tank on all States - Not just California.

b5blue

JohnnyBee

Now we are talkin. b5blue thanks for the high jack!

maxwellwedge and you tell me more and or show me some images? Send me to school!

And thanks all for the help