News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need a favor......Listed Current Daytona Values

Started by Mopurr, September 17, 2009, 01:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopurr

I don't subscribe anymore and no places close have them on the shelf to buy.

I need a current page of the Old Car Price guide showing Daytona Values and also 69 Charger would be  nice to see also, they should be on the same page.

any help appreciated

Thanks
Sherri

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

triple_green

Boy...I quit taking that old car price guide because it was so out of date. I tracked my 68 Charger value in it for 3 years and the data never changed.

The Daytona is such as rare car that I doubt it would be much help anyway.

I would suggest Ebay auctions and other collector auctions for latest prices. (Still seem to be low compared to the peak a couple of years ago).

This forum is actually a pretty good place to get an answer to those questions if you give a good description of the cars and some decent pictures.

Mark
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

1969chargerrtse

Last time I looked at one of the price guides Daytona was not listed with a exact price value.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

oldcarnut

I just bought one last week.  Let me find where it is and I'll post it for ya.

Mopurr

Thanks

No deal, just have to update insurance info and need recent data.

But we are finishing 70 RR which could be used for trades toward?????

I wish that it was for a deal, would like a 500 in the garage since we already have the wing.

triple_green

#2 car with the standard options

daytona $150K
69 Charger 30K
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Kismgby

...and my recent thread brought to light that they list a 6pk 440 - which we all know was not an option.

oldcarnut

From the 2009 October issue. Scanned the Superbird for comparison

moparstuart

Quote from: Mopurr on September 17, 2009, 10:37:13 PM
Thanks

No deal, just have to update insurance info and need recent data.

But we are finishing 70 RR which could be used for trades toward?????

I wish that it was for a deal, would like a 500 in the garage since we already have the wing.
any pictures of the 70 runner sherri  ????
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mopurr

Thanks for posting the values.......I would actually like to see a 500 or daytona in those condtions at those prices, Even though prices are down I don't think that is really reflecting the market.    Anyone seen a #1 Daytona go for that price?
  But the last time I had seen an Old car price guide they seemed to be off then too,

But the info will help me to line out the insurance updates.

Stuart

Should have pictures after this weekend, have a few emblems and the little birds to install, it is planned for it to be at MM

It is Y1 with 383/Auto with A/c and Black/Silver Interior and Black top

PocketThunder

Quote from: oldcarnut on September 18, 2009, 10:10:46 AM
From the 2009 October issue. Scanned the Superbird for comparison

Damn, according to that list my C500 should have sold for $5760.   :o
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Kismgby

Though the amounts look WAY off, I think the dollar difference between the models is pretty close.

Maybe these are the "Katrina" models.... :icon_smile_big:

y3chargerrt

Those guides are useless. Noticed a #1 69 Charger R/T is worth 4k more then a #1 69 500!

moparstuart

Quote from: y3chargerrt on September 18, 2009, 02:16:36 PM
Those guides are useless. Noticed a #1 69 Charger R/T is worth 4k more then a #1 69 500!
yeah and none of it factors in a HEMI
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mopurr

Maybe these are the "Katrina" models.... :icon_smile_big:
[/quote]

Joanne

LOL!

I think they used to list below the year models a list of percentages to add for special motors.

I also noticed that they showed the R/T more than the 500,  I think perhaps they have gotten worse about the values logic than they were a yr or two ago.

oldcarnut

Quote from: Mopurr on September 18, 2009, 10:38:27 AM
Thanks for posting the values....
But the info will help me to line out the insurance updates.
Not to start/hijack another thread (as there are several already) on insurance or the various companies but for quotes I used the NADA, OCPD, and gave a list of money sunk into my Bird clone so far to update my RR.  Took some time to put it all together for the insurance guy and was told they don't go by them anyway.  Seems that, at least State Farm, insurance has their own little price guide for older cars they use and will not put out the prices or sources available to their customers.  I finally got what I wanted but what a pia to get it.  I have my reasons for using them for now, but if there is a guide/formula they use why the secret?  Hopefully your update ref's will work for you easier.

69_500

Sherri, if your asking if there are any cars that are known of to be higher than the values listed then the answer simply is yes. Know of 2 C500's that have sold in the past year for well over the listed $48K high for the C500's and they were not HEMI cars. I know of another 3 that have sold for higher than that value as well, but they were not well over the number just a mere $10-20 over. The other 2 much more.

Was just told last night that there was a Daytona that sold recently for $110K, and that there was a project Daytona picked up by someone who wasn't far from me for $70K. Haven't seen the car yet, to know how much of a project it is. Also heard though that a guy here locally just sold his Daytona for $160K, it was a nicely restored car, but not 100% perfect which are there really any that are?