News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

a and e bodies

Started by jdf, May 28, 2009, 10:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdf

question is i would like to know what cars is 73-74 e-body .and also which cars where 73-76 a-body .if i could get a list of what these cars names are it would help me out at the junkyard .finding my disc brakes for my 69 charger . any other info on what goes with this target swap would help thanks

BigBlackDodge

73-74 E..................Challengers & Barracuda's/Cuda's.
73-76 A...................Darts, Dusters, Scamps.

Good luck finding any e-bodies.........anywhere. A-bodies are much easier to find.

Good hunting!

BBD

moparsons

demons and valiants are also A bodies

Manfred318

Your A-bodies are gonna be:
'64-'76 Valiant
'64-'69 Barracuda
'70-'76 Duster
'72-'76 Scamp
'64-'76 Dart
'71-'72 Demon
'73-'76 Dart Sport
'69-'76 Dart Swinger

The E-bodies are:
'70-'74 'Cuda
'70-'74 Challenger

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Mike DC

The A-bodies (Valiant, Dart, Duster, early Barracuda)are the full blown "small car" line for Mopar in that era.  It does not share much with any of the larger cars except some big stuff like motors & steering gearboxes & bucket seats.  It has its own engine bay shape, unibody subframe rail structures, dashboard, suspension parts, etc.

The E-bodies (all Challengers, later Barracudas) were created in 1970 when Mopar wanted a ponycar with an engine bay large enough for the Hemi on short notice.  They basically took the front half of a B-body chassis (Charger, Roadrunner, Belvedere, Coronet, Sattelite, etc) and gave it a new rear half that shortened the wheelbase several inches.  So the resulting E-body shared most of its front end components like the suspension parts & radiators & stuff with the B-body cars from a given year.  You can see evidence of the cobbled-together nature of the chassis because these cars still look very wide for their length.  They only built this chassis form 1970-74. 

The Plymouth Barracuda was an A-body up throgh 1969, but then the name was switched to an E-body from 1970-74.  Totally different cars. 

jdf

so what about the diplomats , aspens ,volare , mirada , 76to 85 years what are they ? are they what they at m.a. say are tall spindles .will they work on my 69 charger

C_stripes

Aspens and Volaries are F bodies. Not sure if the parts will work or not. But I doubt that they would. I think buying a Wilwood set up would be your best option.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.