News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 waterpump

Started by Buzzit1, June 06, 2009, 02:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzit1

My fan brade broke and ate the radiator in my 70 charger 440 R/T.  See previous posts.  Anyway when I took the wp off it has a 6 blade impeller, all I can find replacemment so far at Auto Zone and NAPA have 8 blade impellers.  Should I replace wp with one 8 blade unit since my car has factory air cond., or should I keep looking for a 6 blade unit? 

Anybody know where a 6 blade impeller wp can be obtained?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

checked wp I took off engine, the shaft feels good, looks fresh inside but do you trust it?

maxwellwedge

8 Blade - 6 Blade - I have run both over the years and have not seen any difference. I would put on the NAPA pump (which probably is incorrect in looks) and have your old one rebuilt if it is an original Chrysler one (see pic) and hang onto it and replace whenever you feel like it. There are 2-3 versions of the Chrysler pump but they all have the same casting number on them.