News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Much Needed Inspiration

Started by jdiesel33, May 19, 2009, 09:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdiesel33

Hey Everyone. Have taken about a 3 week break from the site. First break since I joined. Anyhow, I havent did anything at all to the '68 in about 2 months. I fell into one of those lulls like we all do on these extensive projects. Just wasnt motivated. I have been thinking the last few days that I need to get back to it and was hoping to become motivated. Well.........it happened. I've posted on here before how frustrated I am that I never see any old Mopars "In the Wild" around here in Dallas. Especially Chargers. Havent seen a Charger on the road since I was a kid!!!!!! Not even many at shows. I was driving thru Lewisville today in some pretty good traffic on a pretty busy road. Now I dont have the best eyesight in the world, especially far away, but up ahead of me in the distance maybe 20-25 cars ahead of me I got just a glimpse of something out of the norm, something that didnt look like the everyday cars that are all over the street. I thought to myself, that could just be a Mopar based on the little piece I saw. So I started speeding up and weaving in and out of people to get closer. The closer I got I started thinking that this may not just be a Mopar, but it may be a Charger. Finally I caught up enough to confirm it was a '69, metallic blue. I followed him for a little while hoping he would be stopping. I ended up pulling up beside him at the light and chatting for a few. It was a beautiful restored '69 440. Nice guy, didnt have a chance to ask if he was a member here though. The 440 sounded great and now I have the inspiration I needed to get back in the garage. Hopefully this guy is a member. I certainly appreciate him being out cruisin' today.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

mikepmcs

:2thumbs:  I'm getting more motivated as well lately.  Almost had it running again tonight but the battery is weak and it got late.
Actually the mods I'm doing to my Challenger is what's actually motivating me to get my butt to work on my Charger.  Also, driving my Coronet the other day sparked something as well.  Hell I even changed the oil in my truck and put the brush guard back on today.  We are on a roll now, don't stop!! :lol:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mopar0166

Nothing like driving a charger around town