News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Correct hood pin cable length on Daytonas?

Started by hotrod98, January 09, 2013, 04:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

I keep seeing different lengths of cables listed as being correct for Daytonas. I thought that all Daytonas used the short cables that were attached to one of the screws on the hood pin bezel.
Anyone know the correct length and where to buy the best repro?

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hemigeno

18" is correct for a Daytona, and I'm fairly sure that Frank Badalson is one of if not the best source for the cables and/or the entire kit.

hotrod98

Am I correct that it attaches to the hood pin bezel? That's how I attached them on the clone that I built. I must have had a good reason for doing that. My memory ain't what it used to be.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hemi68charger

Quote from: hotrod98 on January 10, 2013, 11:45:05 PM
Am I correct that it attaches to the hood pin bezel? That's how I attached them on the clone that I built. I must have had a good reason for doing that. My memory ain't what it used to be.

Yeapers, that's how it goes.....

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,37978.0.html
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection