News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seattrack studs

Started by Belgium R/T -68, May 08, 2009, 02:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Where can I find/buy the studs for the -68 seattracks? Mine has no threads anymoore. Worst case is bolts I guess but don't know the dimensions
in inch since I want to use stock nuts.
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Back N Black

I used 3/8 carriage bolts from a local hardware store, tack weld them in and works great.

Charger-Bodie

The original studs are 5/16 course. If you want to use the orig style nuts, you will need 5/16 studs.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Back N Black

Quote from: 1hot68 on May 10, 2009, 08:48:01 AM
The original studs are 5/16 course. If you want to use the orig style nuts, you will need 5/16 studs.

You are correct, sorry for the wrong bolt size but its been over 2 years, anyhow, i did use the origional nuts.

69*F5*SE

Where can I get the black spacers at?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on May 10, 2009, 09:52:12 PM
Where can I get the black spacers at?

Im sure you can get them at a few places . I got mine from Mega Parts.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks for the input guys! :2thumbs:
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

gasoline_24

If you get real carried away you can grind down the carriage bolts so they look just like the factory and tack weld them in.  That is what I did.  Probably overkill, but who cares.

Tilar

It's been so long since I took my seats out that I don't even remember those being on mine. Do they go between the track and the floor?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Tilar on May 11, 2009, 02:04:16 PM
It's been so long since I took my seats out that I don't even remember those being on mine. Do they go between the track and the floor?

They may not have been there. The studs are long enuf that you can put as many where you need them (as the stud will allow) to make the seat sit the way you feel comfortable with.

Tilar

So they are just there for adjustment?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Tilar on May 11, 2009, 03:15:23 PM
So they are just there for adjustment?

They usually came with them 1 on each stud but Ive seen them with none for that little bit of extra headroom.