News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

can you make an x pipe?

Started by miller, May 08, 2009, 07:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miller

Im taking your advice and trying to find a new exhaust shop for the charger. The one I am talking to now claims he can make an x pipe for 1/4 of the price of a new one... my question is can you make a custom x pipe or is that something better left to the proffesionals? Can you custom make H pipes?

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

Charger-Bodie

A good exhaust shop should be able to make an X pipe system, no problem.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

firefighter3931

:iagree: But.....there's more to it than simply siamezing a pair of 90* elbows together and calling it good. Honestly, the Pypes X-pipe is a pretty good deal and comes with nice mandrel bends...it would be difficult for an exhaust shop to duplicate the design and quality for the same price.  :Twocents:

Good choice on finding a new exhaust guy.  :2thumbs: You've gone through a lot of time, effort and expense to build a nice engine....now finish it off properly with the exhaust system it deserves.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Purple440

oops I just responded to your last thread.  Glad to hear you're going with X pipes.  If this is the last leg of your engine build like Ron says, don't  cut any corners...get the proven X pipe so 2 years later you don't wonder if you got hosed by the guy offering you super cheap stuff.

bull

I'm no expert on this but similar to headers, I would think you'd want to make sure all the angles, bends and lengths are symmetrical on an X-pipe so the flow and pressure equalization is as efficient as possible. But like I said, I'm no expert.