News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

carter avs-1968 440

Started by westcoastdodge, December 16, 2008, 04:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcoastdodge

hey guys,anybody know how to set the float height on a 68 carter avs carb,also what that measurement might be :cheers:
I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

Ghoste

There are two measurements on an AVS.  The first is float height and it is set by turning the air horn upside down and measuring the distance between the float and the gasket.  I think it's 9/32 inch.
The next thing to check is float drop and this is with the air horn upright and look for a distance of 1/2 inch from float closed to full open.

62 Max

Depends on the carb number.4401/4426 is 5/16",all others are 7/32" + or - 1/64".Drop on all is 23/32".All measurements with gasket in place.

westcoastdodge

thanks guys,can work with that :2thumbs:
I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

Ghoste

Go with 62 Max specs first as they are obviously application based.  Mine were generic AVS aftermarket specs to start from.

375instroke

If you still need the spec, my '68 FSM says 5/16" measured upside down, from the outer end of float to gasket, all motors with AVS, 340 to 440.  Float drop in the text says 3/4", measured with top upright, from float end to gasket, but the specs in the end say 1/2".  I guess the drop isn't critical.  I think it just keeps the floats from touching the bottom of the carb where they could get damaged.