News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cracked Wheel

Started by Todd Wilson, May 03, 2009, 11:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Wilson

Well I have heard about it and seen pictures but this was the first time in my railroad career I had seen a cracked wheel. We had a engine come in from our local with a cracked wheel.  Could have been bad if it had come apart as they can do.

Todd

AKcharger

That happens more often than you'd think!

last426

How much does a wheel weigh?  And how come little boys love trains and motorcycles and little girls love to skip and dance? Kiim

Shakey

Quote from: last426 on May 04, 2009, 12:37:02 PM
How much does a wheel weigh?  And how come little boys love trains and motorcycles and little girls love to skip and dance? Kiim

:lol:

Todd Wilson

Quote from: last426 on May 04, 2009, 12:37:02 PM

I dont know, I dont know,I dont know..............

derailed

We had a bulletin out a few weeks ago on this. They found a chunk of wheel down in PA that literally looked like a slice of pie. They werent sure what it came off of at the time. The car was later found out in St Paul. Keep cuttin the mechanical forces!!

rollingthunder

Back in 07 the train I was riding made a million dollar mess because one of those, got lucky 10 cars in front of the first car to derail was 20 P. I. H.  loaded tank cars. you should have seen the scare that made when the dispatcher was told we had those cars in the train.  pic. 4 days later.
life's to short have a blast before its gone.