News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Master cylinder rear seal

Started by wayfast1500, May 03, 2009, 10:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayfast1500

I replaced my bad rear brake line, went to bleed the brakes and saw fluid leaking between the booster and master.  After doing a search I see the rear seal is bad.  Can I replace the seal?  I'm in college moneys tight and I'd like this on the road this week.

Sublime/Sixpack

The last time (couple months ago) I tried to buy a master cylinder rebuild kit they wanted more for the kit than a complete rebuilt master cylinder.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

wayfast1500

it's a 73 drum rears, disk front, 4 bolt master.  Can someone point me out to a good deal on one?

NHCharger

I just bought a brand new master cylinder, NOT a re-manned from Advanced Auto for my 72 Charger, rear drum, front disk. $ 36.00 with a life time guarantee.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

FLG

The auto stores sell them for cheap. Its easier to just buy a new one then fix the old. I got mine for around 35 or so.

Alot of times if its an origional master ive noticed they usually go out as soon as you go to bleed em. Maybe they tend to build a ridge of dirt or what not but the second you push the pedal down to bleed em and it goes down alot more then it usually does...they start leaking.

wayfast1500

I think I'll just pick a new one up it's the only thing holding me up from putting it on the road.