News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

lost my job, spent the day in a junkyard

Started by teddy1500, November 17, 2005, 01:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teddy1500

Jost my job, ho well, didn't like in anyways, went to a yard, looking for a motor for my wagon, no luck, but the owner told me that he has 2 more yards, and let me in one.... WOW, wish I had a camera, alot of iron from the 40's, alot of fords. he has 3 2nd gen chargers, 2 73's both with buckets, some a bodys, 2 imperial converts, alot of neat stuff. I found a factory am/fm for my 73 charger.
sad thing is that thhese cars are in a pine forest, and the pine needles are holding water, and rusting out the cars

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sucks about your job loss and the rusting of the Mopars!

Good luck finding another...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

Seems to be a trend lately. Only difference is that when I lost my job I don't have any extra money to go out anywhere and look for parts for the 500.

Good luck on the job hunt.

myk

Heh.  I just lost my job too-I've been there 11 years.  I have to say that this is odd, and I don't really know what I'm going to do with myself...

teddy1500

I may have spent the day in the junkyard, but I don't have any extra mony to spend. I have filed for unemployment, and for some reason, it pays the same as the job offers I have gotten. When I moved to SC, I was working... now everybody I interview with expaines that "this is South Carolina, and our jobs just don't pay as well, as northern states, I just have to accept that a painter that maks $18 hour up north, is only worth $10.00 here" they then explaine that its the cost of living that has created this situation, and not the employers....
I truly belive that the south sucks, The north enjoys a higher standard of living, and these southerners expect YOU, to bust your ass, to make THEM money, while they pay you wages BELOW the poverty level, and the want you to be happy doing it
sorry, perhaps I should not post this

CB

Quote from: teddy1500 on November 17, 2005, 03:09:07 PM
I may have spent the day in the junkyard, but I don't have any extra mony to spend. I have filed for unemployment, and for some reason, it pays the same as the job offers I have gotten. When I moved to SC, I was working... now everybody I interview with expaines that "this is South Carolina, and our jobs just don't pay as well, as northern states, I just have to accept that a painter that maks $18 hour up north, is only worth $10.00 here" they then explaine that its the cost of living that has created this situation, and not the employers....
I truly belive that the south sucks, The north enjoys a higher standard of living, and these southerners expect YOU, to bust your ass, to make THEM money, while they pay you wages BELOW the poverty level, and the want you to be happy doing it

Job loss sucks. Sorry to hear. Good luck on the job hunt!
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

andy74

Quote from: Duct_Tape_Bandit on November 17, 2005, 04:02:20 PM
Wish I spent my day like that.
dont you go to school tool boy? this is men talking about real world shit, not how i skipped home ec

golden73

Sorry to hear about the job loss... hope somethin comes up for ya soon

I lost my job just about 2 weeks ago.... no luck gettin anything since

BigBlockSam

that sucks ,that you lost your job, hey maybe you could sell parts from the junkyards on ebay . make some cash to keep you going. thats what we did when i lost my job. we paid the bills by selling stuff on ebay. good luck
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger_Fan

Sorry about your job, I hope things turn better for you soon. At least the boneyard visit was the silver lining. :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Silver R/T

hope you find another job, ya I dont wanna live down south ,its just not for me. thats why lots of californians are moving here like mad
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

twilt

Quote from: teddy1500 on November 17, 2005, 03:09:07 PM

In the South, you have to be close to a major city to get decent $$/hour at a job. the more rural an area is, the worse the wages. On the other hand, it is true that the cost of living in the south is generally a lot lower than the North. I am originally from NY. my curent home in the Atlanta area would have cost me twice as much in NY, and 2-3x  as much to heat it in the winter, not to mention the  NY state income tax. One of the big problems that i see here in the south is the wages for many  blue collar jobs (such as a painter) are driven down by the presence of so many illegal aliens. 

BigBlockSam

we're trying to build our dream home. we made the plans already. then had a meeting with the tax office. if i built this 3000 sq,feet house with 3 acres as is . my yearly state property tax would be $13000 a year   :brickwall: i can't swing that . NJ taxes are ridiculous.  i pay $8200 now Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Johnny SixPack

Cheezus!   :o

You pay $8200.00 a year in property tax, Rene?   :icon_smile_dead:

Wow!   :icon_smile_blackeye:

We may lack almost any pretext of city life in this tiny Texas town, but we only pay $3000.00 a year in property and school taxes.

H*ll, we'd pay less than that if we weren't as close to Houston as we are now.

I'm just happy my county still doesn't have emissions testing yet. :D

Is that just the way NJ is?

Or is that the northeast as a whole?
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

BigBlockSam

i can only speak for nj. thats the way it is. i live 1 mile from Manhatten. it seems the closer you get to ny the higher the taxes. RENE

69_500

Speaking of property taxes. At our house currently we are paying $4,200 a year in property taxes, which isn't too bad on the grand scheme of things in the United States. However consider that if my house was 1 mile further South than it currently is, my property taxe would be $500 a year. Something just doesn't add up in that to me.

AKcharger

You guys looking for work should become AMWAY ® Distributors! That's where the real money is! and you get rich fast...but it's not a pyramid scheme!!  ::)

Darkness

I've heard of stories about those northeastern states like that. I've also heard about your insurance and that isn't really cheap either.

dkn1997

I live in a normal town on Long Island, NY, coram.    we pay about 6200/year.  I have a two story approx 2500sqfoot home on 1/2 an acre. 

If you go to some other areas, like Smithtown, that same situation will cost you over 10k a year in taxes.

Out east, some of the really high end homes pay 60k/year in property tax alone!!!  we are talking mansions here, but still that's re=god=dam=diculous

We also have fire chiefs driving brand new tahoes, a 7million dollar firehouse, and all the senior fire officials take terrorism seminars on carnival cruise ships.  that money has to come from somewhere, I guess.
RECHRGED