News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Charger from Venezuela - my recent history

Started by xowuwox, July 17, 2009, 01:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xowuwox

My recent history
Hi. I'm from a small town in Venezuela called Valle de la Pascua, This is my car. It was bought in 1999 in Tinaquillo, another small town. It was stored in a chicken farm for many years. But since, I have used it on a daily basis in open roads and highways. I travel a lot.
When I bought it, it was all original, but given that my goal is to use it on the road, I've change some things to increase the performance and the reliability. You'll see the pics.
I have so many stories to tell about my car, but for now I only will say that here in my country the roads are the worst in the world, there's never a smooth piece of asphalt, not even an inch, and my car is at first the most reliable I have ever seen, and also the most powerful, fearless, intimidating, bad a.., comfortable, and beautiful.
Here it is

BIRD67

Looks like a solid car! Nice find! Can we see some more pictures?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

xowuwox

Here is the first rebuild of the engine. It was done in my farm, between dirt and sun, with our own hands.  Pure fun

xowuwox

Breaking in the engine, just 30 minutes after the first start

moparstuart

Quote from: xowuwox on July 17, 2009, 01:46:23 PM
Breaking in the engine, just 30 minutes after the first start
thats the way to break it in right   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Bob

Great looking car and welcome aboard.
By the way, do you kow NachoRT74 on here? He is from Caracas Venezuela also and owns a very nice 74. Try him at ignaciomorae@hotmail.com

Bob

xowuwox

In 2005 I made a re-ring job, and a porting job was also done to the heads

xowuwox

Yes, I recently meet Nacho, a year ago. I take notice of him in here, in this forum. Ever since, he have helped me alot. Great guy.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

dodgecharger-fan

Welcome! Great car. Great story.

Thos e first two pictures of the engine rebuild are very cool. With everything in the background out of focus, the engine really stands out. Very "artsy."  :2thumbs:

TruckDriver

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on July 17, 2009, 02:00:23 PM
Welcome! Great car. Great story.

Thos e first two pictures of the engine rebuild are very cool. With everything in the background out of focus, the engine really stands out. Very "artsy."  :2thumbs:
:iagree: :2thumbs:

Also if you already dont know about it, check out that all third gen Charger forum. Nacho is a moderator there.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

elanmars

wow, two Venezuelan Chargers!!! and 3rd Gens.

I was born in Caracas and lived in Maracaibo until family moved to the US and I also had a 3rd gen Charger up until recently, sold it for a 69. Wish I could have both though.

Cool pics!!
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

mikesbbody

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: elanmars on July 17, 2009, 07:25:51 PM
wow, two Venezuelan Chargers!!! and 3rd Gens.

I was born in Caracas and lived in Maracaibo until family moved to the US and I also had a 3rd gen Charger up until recently, sold it for a 69. Wish I could have both though.

Cool pics!!

there are more on board, but they never sign up :shruggy:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

tricky lugnuts

69charger2002

awesome story and sweet car! welcome to the board!
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

GN

Ghoste

Quote from: xowuwox on July 17, 2009, 01:54:07 PM
Yes, I recently meet Nacho, a year ago. I take notice of him in here, in this forum. Ever since, he have helped me alot. Great guy.

Thanks to the internet he's been pretty helpful to all of us up here too.  :cheers: