News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dial indicator; How good is good enough?

Started by dstryr, May 05, 2009, 02:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dstryr

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntt=dial+indicator&N=700+115+4294855951&Ntk=KeywordSearch

I was going to order a dial indicator to check my bellhousing runout before I mate it to my new motor.  Are the $30 summit brand indicators accurate enough for a weekend mechanic?

dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.

Dans 68

At 0.001" increments it should be dandy for a weekend mechanic.  :2thumbs: Here is their description:

Don't you wish you had an extra hand when making critical measurements? Thanks to Summit®, now you can. Our new magnetic base and dial indicator kits take away the hassle of having to hold tools, while keeping them perfectly steady. They're perfect for checking flywheel/flexplate runout, crankshaft endplay, ring gear backlash, and piston-to-valve clearance.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

dstryr

Thanks, Dan

I did read that ;), but didn't want to spend $30 to find out I should have spent $75.  I need a couple of things so will throw it on my order. Thanks :cheers:
dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.

firefighter3931

Frank, i have almost the same set in my toolbox. Make sure to get the dial that goes from 0 to 1in travel....great for degreeing in cams as well as the many uses mentioned above.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs